• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Home brew thread

winter fermentation, i keep the house kinda cool so gotta wrap up the brew.

Transferred the Irish stout to secondary today. Smelled and tasted great!

one step closer to getting the kegs going!

realizing that the above post was from Jan. this means that Irish stout has been in secondary for over 2 months. its either gonna be really good or something wrong. :D

Should be really good. What else do you need now?

Got my dead ringer kegged yesterday, very tasty.

I have 5 NB kits that need brewing, so of course in the last couple weeks I've gone from having almost no work to more than I can handle. Might have to get my brewing stuff back from Matt's, so I can brew while working in the shop.

The wife went to pick up the co2 a little bit ago. she got a 15lb tank because they were out of 10's and 5's looked tinny. it was only like a 10-15 dollar difference in price from the 5lb tank, 3 times the amount for that price ain't to bad!

20140322_142421_zps056ec967.jpg

Finally!

Woohoo!!!
No more bottling!

May crack one of my hard cider bottles this week if the 250 runs/moves after I'm done with it... They been on the shelf since Oct/Nov....

Raspberry Mead has been sitting in the carboy since Sept/Oct, moved it to a third carboy last month, will be using a fruit bag from now on...

huh, huh,......you said fruit bag.

Cheese "I got your fruit bag right here baby doll" Man

first couple days the carbonation didn't seem right. i looked at a bunch of videos and didn't look like i did anything wrong as far as a quick carbonation go's. so Tuesday or Wednesday i just said screw it and bumped the pressure up to 12ish psi and told myself not to touch it till today and see what happens...

perfection!

I'll usually go a couple/few days at 20-25psi if I'm in a hurry, otherwise 12 gets it done, and won't over carbonate if I forget about it.

Brewed a Czech pilsner last night, was already fermenting this morning.

IPA is bubbling away. but i think the keg fridge is gonna be dead soon, its making some funky noise and doesn't seem cool enough. i think i will throw a chunk of dry ice in it and keep an eye on CL for another.

I really need to be following this tread more. Any recommended sites for ingredients and brewing gear? Just starting out.

I really need to be following this tread more. Any recommended sites for ingredients and brewing gear? Just starting out.

Northern brewer is a good one. Sigh up for thier e mail list they often have some good deals on equipment. I know around fathers day they usualy have beginer kits on sale because people are buying them as gifts. We are doing full boils I. That pic but you can do a smaller boil and add water at the end if you didn't want to use a turkey fryer. I started out on a small scale mr beer kit and just upgraded over time. Kinda like the jeep lol. Keeping stuff clean and patience is the key to good beer.

I'm about 40min from Northern Brewer. Great Products even better customer assistance. I only do hard cider and mead and so only a few of the workers can really help me, but the others try their best or call someone who knows if I have a question.

Reminds me I've had a Raspberry mead in the basement I need to check on...

Back