• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MTR's or KM2's or Duratrac

Firestone Destination M/T's

Best mud tire I've ever encountered, Quiet on the roads, handles well, and wears like steel. Not to mention they are 50$ cheaper a piece!!!

#1 Rated Mud Tire on Tire Rack by Consumer Reviews

KM2s. I love my 35 12.5s Like ROKTAXI said. The right tire pressure for the right terrain. I went from TSLs to these in the winter and during snow wheelin I wasnt too impressed at first. Aired them down to 7 PSI and I could go anywhere in the deep snow. I have found that in the sticky, clay type mud we have here in central washington, you have to keep them spinning to clean em out good. But very impressed. Specially fo rthe price! 208 a piece at costco.

i am running 35" KM2s in arizona. the rocks out here eat sidewalls for breakfast lunch and dinner. so far i have lost two sidewalls to the rocks. thank goodness for certs...

MT/R or Duratrac. Duratrac is better in snow, but overall performance is par. BFG has failed me too many times.

duratrac and just step up to a load E rated tire if your worried about the side wall. which means youll need 16" rims

i am running 35" KM2s in arizona. the rocks out here eat sidewalls for breakfast lunch and dinner. so far i have lost two sidewalls to the rocks. thank goodness for certs...

33x10.50's here (AZ)... sidewalls are less prone to slicing than the tsl's I had, and they have not chunked yet... which the tsl's were terrible for.
I know a few guys that have the goodyears and will be going to the km's next.
Never had them in snow or ice (or even ant "real" mud)... 1-2" slush on the highway they were fine.

It would seem we have a clear winner here after only 26 replies!! BFG KM2!!
:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

I love my duratracs, I have sheared lugs off them and put 4 flats so far, no sidewall issues. Amazing on pavement and great offroad.

im on km's now and really want to get km2s when i wear these out they look to be a very nice tire for rocks and dry old desert dirt. im not a big fan of snow wheeling so i have no worries. plus i love the look of em haha

KM2's all the way

Well I went with the Duratracs and im happy with them. Not very noisy on the road and just took them threw a little mud the other day and they did pretty great, alot better then my BFG AT's did where I was.

The MTR's were back ordered and said it would take a few weeks if not months, and that there a soft tire and will wear out faster then these, same with the KM2's, so thats why I went with the Duratracs because there good on the road. And with having alot of snow around here, and doing alot of snow bashing and wheeling I think they were the right choice for me.

Next think on my list now is gears, because 33's, and 3.56 dont go good with eachother lol. It bogged me down quite a bit.

Again, KM2's. BFG has a lasting history with me. Goodyear's prices :shocked: and poor past performance (Eagle GT+4 on my AWD Talon and RS-A's on my Durango R/T) gives them a thumbs down.

prices for the mtrs and km2 are about the same. i've never heard of gt+4's but rs-a's are oe tires, and 95% of oe tires are crap. This is what you do.... Go to discount tire/americas tire and buy a set of your choice. drive around for 2 weeks on the and go in and exchange for another set. drive for 2 weeks and go in and exchange them for the final set. then buy what you like the most. Discount tire/americas tire has a dont like your tire, bring them back type of warranty, to some extent.

Well I went with the Duratracs and im happy with them. Not very noisy on the road and just took them threw a little mud the other day and they did pretty great, alot better then my BFG AT's did where I was.

The MTR's were back ordered and said it would take a few weeks if not months, and that there a soft tire and will wear out faster then these, same with the KM2's, so thats why I went with the Duratracs because there good on the road. And with having alot of snow around here, and doing alot of snow bashing and wheeling I think they were the right choice for me.

Next think on my list now is gears, because 33's, and 3.56 dont go good with eachother lol. It bogged me down quite a bit.

Dude......... BFG's have always worn like iron for me and are great in the rocks and mud!! Duratracs may be a bit harder but BFG is KING!!

I run BFG KM2s on my company truck. I have almost 30,000 on them and they are wearing great! I will easily hit the 50,000 mile mark, and that's really good in my book for a set of Mud Terrains.

I run BFG KM2s on my company truck. I have almost 30,000 on them and they are wearing great! I will easily hit the 50,000 mile mark, and that's really good in my book for a set of Mud Terrains.

:yelclap:............ can you say BFG........... :D............. Ok, Ok, I love my BFG's! Been runnin them a long time, awesome tire! Hey Rock Solid Fab, a set of your beadlocks would go great on my XJ, seems we have something in common!:D

Last edited:
Back