• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab march 20-23

There is a small chance I would be able to be there from the 20th-22nd... class starts on the 23rd for me and I REALLY want to do this.

Need shafts and to sort out my rear diff issues, also need to trim quite a bit... it's possible

There is a small chance I would be able to be there from the 20th-22nd... class starts on the 23rd for me and I REALLY want to do this.

Need shafts and to sort out my rear diff issues, also need to trim quite a bit... it's possible

Do it to it

Yo JMAX! Did you get your rig all put together??? I know you were bummed at Fall Fling cause it didn't get finished yet. I will be there for this, so I hope to see you there. BTW- It's Steve- with the orange XJ from Junktown.

i'm thinking if i have enough money after playin in the west, i'm gonna head east and join ya in moab. :D

im screwed if you two BOTH go. ill be so TIIINNNYYYY lol

but would be killer. cant wait to wheel with ya guys

FWIW if any of you springs peeps are planning on rolling out with me. ill probably be rollin sunday morning by 7am. want to hit GJ by noonish

I was thinking about hitting Rusty Nail up to Golden Crack and back down Gold Bar as a good first Moab run for ya. It has some challenging stuff and it's always fun with some awesome views. It's definitely up for debate though. Poison Spider is also a good first trail.

cool im down for whatever. jsut wanna make sure i can drive it home and have a ball...
otherwise its all gravy to me

any info on the camp sights?

any info on the camp sights?

are you wanting free or pay camping?

if you don't mind paying 8 bucks a night sand flats is close to town and not a bad place to camp. there is no free camping near town you have to go at least 7 miles in either direction to get free camping.

Was hoping to re-gear before then, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I got this weekend off but I have lots to do.
-Re-pack bearings on tow trailer.
-Replace all the fuel injectors on XJ
-Put filter and a differnent power steer cooler for ram assist.
-Fix driving lights.
-Grind down belly pan for clearnce on front driveshaft.
Took it out to the desert to flex it out to see if everything was kosher. Flexed it out out really good and found the bindage of the shaft against the belly pan. AAARRRRGH!!! Here's a pic.
002.jpg

001.jpg

Looks hella good! I still gotta do ball joints and service fluids. Should be doing more bumpstops tomorrow. Otherwise I'm set

axle shafts, fender trimming, oil change...

I'll probably just drive out on friday and come back on sunday if I get it done. Wish I had a tow rig...

I'll let you know

well since its gonna cost me 200 to fill the motorhome up i don't think i'm gonna head to moab after hurricane, you guys have fun!

damn that sucks Jmaxj

but on the bright side......

5 DAYS!!! WOO HOOO!!!!

jeep is readyto go. got my list of things to handle done and we are set. just gotta load it up with spares and camping gear....

Back