• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet-n-Greet 4-28-19!

Old C in Longmont is good, I'm either coming from denver or where ever Trent and I go wheeling before the meet n greet... If anyone else wants to join that'd be cool, especially testing everything you fixed after being destroyed at EJS..

I’d even suggest the Old C in Longmont as it’s closer to Denver in case people from the Ring of Fire want to come up.

I'll second the vote for Old C in Longmont.

Old C in Longmont is good, I'm either coming from denver or where ever Trent and I go wheeling before the meet n greet... If anyone else wants to join that'd be cool, especially testing everything you fixed after being destroyed at EJS..

I’d be down to wheel that morning

Old Chicago in Longmont, at 4:00 PM.

Now to find a trail that is open, within an hour drive to Longmont.

You might want to see if Coney Flats is open. Or Bunce School Road.

Coming from FoCo working until 430.. Maybe yall can wheel a little longer? Lol

You might want to see if Coney Flats is open. Or Bunce School Road.
Most of the Canyon Lakes RD is closed. A couple people from fr4x4 are running Miller Rock today (FS 186). I expect there will be a report tonight.

Coming from FoCo working until 430.. Maybe yall can wheel a little longer? Lol
How long does it take to get to Bongmon, uh, Longmont?

30/45? Idk... Never been

Miller Rock and Rock Creek are near Bunce and don’t close. Bunce itself will be open, as will the Iron Clads loop. Everything else up there probably won’t be open until after Memorial Day weekend.

Miller Rock and Rock Creek are near Bunce and don’t close. Bunce itself will be open, as will the Iron Clads loop. Everything else up there probably won’t be open until after Memorial Day weekend.
This is the report from Saturday: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?27418-2019-04-20-Miller-Rock-Phillip-s-in-town

I'm not picky about which trail we run. You have any preferences?

I will be at the meet & greet but no wheeling before for me, Jeep needs some TLC after a week in Moab.

OK, how does everyone feel about pushing the meet & greet time to 5:00 PM?

I'm fine with 5PM at Old C's.

I kind of like Rock Creek a little better, but both it and Miller Rock are fairly easy and quick. Bunce and Iron Clads are little more than just dirt roads. I'd say we could easily do Rock Creek and Miller Rock depending on the amount of rigs that show up. My only caveat is that weather permitting I might have something else going on Sunday during the day. I'll know more by the end of the week. Either way I'll be at Old C's.

Looks like I’ll only be able to make it to old Chicago. Going to be flying back from a wedding that morning. That also means the Jeep is staying home, I’ll just have the tow rig.

I talked it over with the family and we're down to go wheeling. I'd say meet in Lyons at 11:30, there is a U-Pump-It gas station on the right hand side (as you come into town from Longmont) off the corner of Ute Highway and Stone Canyon Drive that is easy to get back onto the road from. We can run up to Rock Creek (located behind Allenspark) and if we get done too early then go to either Iron Clads or Miller Rock, both are further back down the mountain towards Lyons.

Its about 30min to get from Lyons to Allenspark and about another 25min to get from Lyons to Old C's. That leaves 3.5hours to air down/up and run the trail. Rock Creek is a fairly easy/short trail so there should be plenty of time. We'll probably have time to run Iron Clads too. If there is going to be a decent amount of attendance we can push the meet time earlier.

I talked it over with the family and we're down to go wheeling. I'd say meet in Lyons at 11:30, there is a U-Pump-It gas station on the right hand side (as you come into town from Longmont) off the corner of Ute Highway and Stone Canyon Drive that is easy to get back onto the road from. We can run up to Rock Creek (located behind Allenspark) and if we get done too early then go to either Iron Clads or Miller Rock, both are further back down the mountain towards Lyons.

Its about 30min to get from Lyons to Allenspark and about another 25min to get from Lyons to Old C's. That leaves 3.5hours to air down/up and run the trail. Rock Creek is a fairly easy/short trail so there should be plenty of time. We'll probably have time to run Iron Clads too. If there is going to be a decent amount of attendance we can push the meet time earlier.
Sounds good Rich!

Except you forgot to factor in picture taking and BSing every time we stop. :laugh:

I posted the event. We'll have to see how many people want to play.

Yeah I did. I can run up and down that trail 3-4 times in that time period. Even more once I’ve had a few strong drinks around the camp fire.

I wish I could make it :/

It would be nice to finely get on a run with some of you/ meet, but ide need to
.get hack n tap installed, acquire D'S from some guy, maybe
. Plug tire just found a big ol screw......

I'll see what I can get done Saturday, so its a maybe:eeks1:

It would be nice to finely get on a run with some of you/ meet, but ide need to
.get hack n tap installed, acquire D'S from some guy, maybe
. Plug tire just found a big ol screw......

I'll see what I can get done Saturday, so its a maybe:eeks1:
If nothing else, come down and have some pizza!

Back