• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and greet

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjman88

NAXJA Forum User
I am seeing how much interest there is for a meet and greet. Hopefully around the Augusta area. Let me know and we will set a date. I have been down for a while. Had to rebuild some stuff and get my XJ legal for Maine inspection purposes. It's good to go now. Hope to hear from ya'll soon.

Matt

If Im not otherwise occupied Im in.

this would have to be a little while from now, as my rear axle is still sitting on my driveway until i can get ubolts and more sheet metal for me to pass inspection. otherwise, i should have my lift done by then.

Thanks for the responses so far. I would really like to get the ball rolling for an XJ or all Jeep club in the area. Let me know what date/dates would be good for everyone. It would be nice to have a meet and greet once a month or so.

there are various maine 4x4 clubs around. the one i joined is midcoast maine 4x4 and orv club. theres alot of nice people and alot of them have cherokee's, and one of their memebers sold me the 3" lift kit for really cheap (in the process of putting on now, rear end done) here is their myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141689450
we did a meet and greet at that new lewiston 4x4 park a few weeks back, heading there again this weekend.

All sounds good. I have Monday and Tuesdays off from work. I work for the Kennebec Sheriff's Office so it is sometimes hard to plan in stone for anything. Thanks for all the responces so far.

Matt

mecompco said:
You mean start a Maine chapter? "North Atlantic" covers a REALLY big area!

I dont mean to "start" anything...a regional XJ club already exists...does it not? I realize how much area NAC covers...and NAXJA for that matter. There are always groups of "local" guys within NAXJA or any one of it's Chapters getting together all the time for local get togethers. I dont understand the OP's statement of creating an XJ specific club up in your neck of the woods.

Organize something up in Maine...it wont take much to get me up there....i love the North Woods!

IMG_8806.jpg

John B said:
Organize something up in Maine...it wont take much to get me up there....i love the North Woods!
Yeah, I need to get back up there too. It's been too long. I keep telling myself I'm going to make a climbing trip up there or something.

I know when I lived in Maine there were (and still are) quite a few active XJ guys (as well as a lot of other rigs) up there. I used to go on NEOW since there's a large number of Mainers that are active on that board, as well as links to local clubs, trail runs, etc. I actually never did much wheeling when I was up there though. Then again my rig was a lot smaller back then... :D

John B said:
I dont mean to "start" anything...a regional XJ club already exists...does it not? I realize how much area NAC covers...and NAXJA for that matter. There are always groups of "local" guys within NAXJA or any one of it's Chapters getting together all the time for local get togethers. I dont understand the OP's statement of creating an XJ specific club up in your neck of the woods.

IMG_8806.jpg
We can start an Xj club that has nothing to do with NAXJA and still belong to the NAC. I did it in Texas when I was living there before the Texas chapter fell apart.

xjman88 said:
We can start an Xj club that has nothing to do with NAXJA and still belong to the NAC. I did it in Texas when I was living there before the Texas chapter fell apart.

True, and I think it would be a great idea. I like the idea of keeping it simple and family oriented. At 40+, I'm basically interested in running legal trails safely with like-minded folks. I've done the whole starting a club, getting incorported, electing officers, etc., etc., and it just ended up taking most of the fun out what began as a simple gathering of friends involved in a mutally enjoyed activity.

xjman88 said:

how about you pony up and become a NAXJA member..... The NAXJA forum is not a place to try and start a new club. Please find another venue if that is what you want to do. Meet and greets on this board should be organized by actual NAXJA members, not forum users. This thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back