• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making Winterfest better

why is the waiver discussion even happening? Signing your name does not take more than 3 seconds.

This is something Dan and I agree on! I will gladly print off 100 copies and try to remember to bring them! :D

Re: Re: Making Winterfest better

why is the waiver discussion even happening? Signing your name does not take more than 3 seconds.

I was not there this year, but I have been to every other WF and sat at the reg. table on more than one occasion. The waiver thing IS a huge bottleneck.

Every other winterfest?

Even years?

mac 'I remember winterfests without a waiver' gyvr

Lets end the Waiver dicussion as it does not take any longer for a person to sign their name when they pick up their package.

Lots of good ideas and I am sure we can make WF better each year....Lets focus on things that will make a differance...

The big thing that makes registration take so long is people just milling around getting to the trailer. We cut the registration time down so you have to be there in a 30 min window.....that will speed it up....

or how about a great idea...everyone knows WF is going to be the first weekend of March next year.....start saving your $30 now and Pre-registeras soon as the site is back up.

Ram "Registration will be faster next year not that it was that slow this year" Rod

To the BOD, the Badlands management has been known to swing the gates early from time to time. They do it most of the time for Toys For Tots in December. When you actually think about it the only thing that opens early for WF would be the Gate and the office so that may enable you to start registration and drivers line up earlier.

I was thinking that if we could (with BL permission), section off a part of the upper lot and make a registration and tech area there.

we have had registration in the lower lot, and in the upper lot, and we changed it to the campground because that is what works the best.

changing the location of registration is not going to get it us on the trails any quicker

we have had registration in the lower lot, and in the upper lot, and we changed it to the campground because that is what works the best.

changing the location of registration is not going to get it us on the trails any quicker

i like it in the campground, stopped in and got teched and registered after picking up breakfast!

The only way to get on the trail quicker is to have a cutoff time for folks to be ready. If they don't make the cutoff, they get left behind. Period. Stop check-in and tech 30 minutes prior to driver meeting. Maybe set up a "second chance" check-in/tech at lunch time.

The only way to get on the trail quicker is to have a cutoff time for folks to be ready. If they don't make the cutoff, they get left behind. Period. Stop check-in and tech 30 minutes prior to driver meeting. Maybe set up a "second chance" check-in/tech at lunch time.

I like this.

I always think its rude when people aren't ready to go on time.

I think somebody should instal a train horn on their tow rig, honk it twice in the morning to wake everybody up. :D

OH OH a big arse pan full of bacon for the people that bring there wavers would be cool too.. you know while im thinking of things :D

I disagree...just creates one more place people have to stop and end up shooting the breeze, paying for camping, etc. Right now there are 3 places we have to go...just going to office and lower lot cuts out 1 stop.

I still say get everyone in one area where they park and take care of it all...lower lot. Combine this with pre-reg, evening tech, earlier start time...we are streamlining.

Back