• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

making a 2 door cherokee into a camper?

I have seen his where he boxed the front in. The only problem i have is i have two daughters, the wife, me and two dogs. The way he did his is gonna be cramped

I'm the exact same way 'cept I'm adding a baby boy in May. My rig is now maxed out!

2BADtrailer.jpg

:D:D:D

Robert
Backing this up a bit, this would be bad a$$!!! As a three axle rig kinda like that huge green ram from a few years back.

I have seen his where he boxed the front in. The only problem i have is i have two daughters, the wife, me and two dogs. The way he did his is gonna be cramped

So did you check with him on how heavy the tongue was or what he did (if anyrhing) to balance the rig out... things he might do different ?

4 people & 2 dogs... get an MJ bed with two roof top tents... you'd probably be time & money ahead...

It'll be cool if & when you're done...

Curt

So did you check with him on how heavy the tongue was or what he did (if anyrhing) to balance the rig out... things he might do different ?

4 people & 2 dogs... get an MJ bed with two roof top tents... you'd probably be time & money ahead...

It'll be cool if & when you're done...

Curt

Eezi-Awn makes a large RTT, the 2200 that would work well on an MJ bed and room enough for 4 to sleep.

http://www.eeziawn.com/

Last edited:
i like them but they are a little pricey! I am trying to keep this as low a budget as possible. I have a few shells at my house, and come across shells all the time for free or cheap as hell. So that is the main reason i am trying to keep the price as cheap as possible. If i get enough interest i may be building a few of them.

I started a project just like yours and decided to only have access to it from the rear hatch, and a flip open front access. I cut down halfway through the doors of a 2 door. the tongue weight was negligible it was well balanced, i could shove a couple 2X4 through the frame rails and move it around like a giant wheelbarrow
100_1659.jpg

100_1661.jpg

That red XJ cut like that looks like a crazyXJ limo project! Xj limo on 35s would be bas ass lol

Two axles? they'd have to be really close together and with tires big enough to go offroad the axles would have to be at least 34 inches apart (assuming 33" tires). Is that too far apart for a two axled trailer?

I dont know... but then again i have been lagging on the trailer all together. I have been busy packing for calico and not resting from it LMAO

Two axles? they'd have to be really close together and with tires big enough to go offroad the axles would have to be at least 34 inches apart (assuming 33" tires). Is that too far apart for a two axled trailer?

I put 31s on my off-the-shelf carhauler, and there's a good 3-4" between the tires. 33s would fit fine. So you could put the same setup under a big camping trailer.

But I think jeeper'73 was thinking about a lot more wheelbase, essentially like flat-towing another XJ, and I'm not sure how well that'd work...

Robert

I put 31s on my off-the-shelf carhauler, and there's a good 3-4" between the tires. 33s would fit fine. So you could put the same setup under a big camping trailer.

But I think jeeper'73 was thinking about a lot more wheelbase, essentially like flat-towing another XJ, and I'm not sure how well that'd work...

Robert

I think that would be fine for pavement possibly but not for off road at all.

Robert

Almost like a small hay wagon behind a tractor. they do okay on farm roads but definitely not on a real trail

Almost like a small hay wagon behind a tractor. they do okay on farm roads but definitely not on a real trail

But a wagon has a pivoting front axle, that steers with the drawbar.

Two fixed axles, not so much...

Robert

Back