• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mag Lite Mount

Would it not work mounted like where I have mine? Only reversed so that the light is facing towards the seat, and the actual mounting bracket is pushed further back to the firewall so that you've got enough room to slide it in and out?

I supposed it might, I will check that position out. In hindsight I probably should have done a little more research before ordering the bracket. I think the clips in your position would be the best for ease of access.

Even if I´m a SureFire guy, nothing beats having a 6D available as an argumentation aid.

maglite1.jpg

maglite2.jpg

maglite3.jpg

maglite4.jpg

XJClassic said:
On my '98, it (3 cell) is between the passenger seat and center console (kind of on top of the trans. hump), hasn't moved, and is easy to get to. My CB is mounted INSIDE the console. Console was just a junk collector before, now it atleast has some purpose.

That's where mine has been in my 99 since I got it! Good spot for it!

I mounted mine to the plastic panel below the door beside the seat. I even reused the origional mounting screws for the plastic. I used two of those plastic maglight clips.

I have a 3 D battery Mag on the driver's side and a 5 D battery Mag on the passenger side.

MG2000XJ said:
I supposed it might, I will check that position out. In hindsight I probably should have done a little more research before ordering the bracket. I think the clips in your position would be the best for ease of access.

I've heard they're hard to come by these days. I happen to be in Home Depot a couple of years ago and picked up a set for both Jeeps. If I remember, they were on clearence for like $5 a set.

I say forget the maglite get the latest G2 surefire with the LED carry that in your pocket and make a mount for your pistol.

Almost everybody has one or two of those small, dim and self draining 2AA mag lites laying around. A few weeks ago I picked up an LED conversion from EMS and damn its bright. The kit uses a push button at the back with 3 power levels and 2 blinking modes. Its no Surefire, but the batteries will last forever and when they go the AA's are alot cheaper.
There are also conversion kits for the larger D cell mag lites.

~Alex

I have had a rechargable maglite for about 6 years, its great. Never had to replace batteries, came with the car adapter and mounting system. I'd take this Rechargable Mag over any streamlight. it runs about 100$.

I havnt gotten a cb, but the maglite can be adjusted when I get one.

P1063965.jpg

Yes, i know the thread is old.

I bought a 3 D cell Mag light tonight, but it's an L.E.D. mag light rather than a regular bulb. Holy crap this light is bright, brighter than the headlights on my Jeep in fact.

Off topic, but I can't resist.

I have mini mags and 4d cell mags.
I have a Surefire 9v 123 li batt flashlight.

But none of them compare to new Fenix LD20 led.
It is OMG amazing. It runs on 2 AA batteries at 180 lumens
No need for big Mags ever again.
Check them out at Amazon.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Greatest purchase I've made in a long time!

Off topic, but I can't resist.

I have mini mags and 4d cell mags.
I have a Surefire 9v 123 li batt flashlight.

But none of them compare to new Fenix LD20 led.
It is OMG amazing. It runs on 2 AA batteries at 180 lumens
No need for big Mags ever again.
Check them out at Amazon.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Greatest purchase I've made in a long time!

you got robbed then...
$60 and Made in China

Maglite= made in USA
http://www.maglite.com/mag_Commitment.asp

:peace:

I put mine on the passenger side rear of the cargo compartment up by the window. I just screwed the mounts in using sheetmetal screws and it has held fine for over 2 years. (6 cell mag)

I've got a 6 as well, thanks for the post. Mine will stop rolling around behind my seat soon!

Why just one? <LOL> :D
* 6-cell in the well between door and driver's seat.
* 3-cell in the "way back", with Mag Lite's clips mounted on the D pillar, left side.
* Mini Mags in the glovebox and center console
So far, haven't needed anything else, except maybe one permanently under the hood... :p

I've got a 3 cell above the cubby hole in the back and 2 mini mags in the glove box!

Agent98 mentioned the Fenix. I own one and love it! Gave my Mag lights away. The 2 AA Fenix lights are way brighter than any Maglight period. Even the new LED ones.
Just wish I didn't have to give money to the Chinese to own one. Why can't we make stuff like that here in the good old USA at a good price?

Back