• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low flying aircraft

we had one of those come in at the airport, but my ass was stuck down at the hangers:(

Was it green? If it was, it was probably us. We have the only green shitters in the Marines and we've been to Louisiana quite a few times in the past two years.

ok, that was me on MRSgoodburbons computer, for some reason I have to log out and back in in every New window.

Don't get me wrong, the 53 is a serious piece of equipment and outclasses the 214 in every way except thump and ride wiggle.

goodburbon said:
ok, that was me on MRSgoodburbons computer, for some reason I have to log out and back in in every New window.

Don't get me wrong, the 53 is a serious piece of equipment and outclasses the 214 in every way except thump and ride wiggle.

Lol, I know, I am just joking. You really can't compare heavy lift helo's to light or even medium helo's. Totally different purpose and design. We get into arguments at work about the differences and it's always that the 53 is better than anything else, but really, its just designed for a purpose. Its kinda hard to land on the Wall Street pad in NY for us (and dangerous, when we tried it, we blew out windows and destroyed a whole lot of stuff), but for a 214, its not a problem. :kissyou:

Basically what 53Guy posted but we have been pulling a few F-4's and F-111 out of the bone yard and bringing them back in to service for target practice.. They are turned full Remote controled and we go out and blow them up in combat.. We also strip them down to there shells and sell them to other Countries, they have to use there own equipment and engines.. They are also sold to Musuems, and also placed on mounts for base monuments..

About 95% are FMC (Fully Mission Capable) but they are Pickled (Moth Balled) just incase something would happen.. Other times parts are Cannobolized to help save cost on parts and to reuse the airframes to keep the military costs down...

Case in point 3 years ago we had an Airshow here at Langley AFB and this Retired General, that owned an F-4 had it here for show... A friend and I were walking around and stopped to look at the F-4, My friend used to work on these things and he had noted that he saw a broken item in the #2 engine augmentor, some how this engine never had to mod that replaced this item that was known to break, and can cause the engine to self destuct over time.. Anyways after notifing the General we started thinking, you cant get this part anymore... We rememberd that there is a small outdoor aircraft Museum off base, (pickles on a stick) so we grabbed a few tools and drove out there.. Needless to say this engine had the mod done and we removed the item without anyone knowing... We got taken care of and so did the retired Gen.. We didnt get any awards or anything only because we technicaly stole the item from a museum and the higher up officials felt that we shouldnt make this known to anyone else

low%20flying.jpg

53guy said:
OH great, now you've got it started! Shitters (Ch-53E Super Stallions) have 7 main rotor blades and 4 tail, so you can imagine it's purr really sounds more like rolling thunder.

The wife wants to know why you call them shitters.

goodburbon said:
The wife wants to know why you call them shitters.

Two different reasons from different points of view. 1. Flying a 53E is like sitting on your shitter flying your house around, its that big. 2. Everywhere we go, we leave a shit stain on the sky. Our GE engines consume a fair amount of oil and don't burn the JP-8 super efficently, so the unburnt fuel looks like smoke coming out of our exhaust.....so yeah, leaving a shit stain on the sky.

Back