• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Lake Run: Take Two

Re: Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

I think it's safe to say this trip is on Hold..

atleast for me...

Probably will be end of feb before the lake even freezes.. IF it does this year!

Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

Best possible chance for a snow Run is going to be over by us at Detroit then probably, I know the N. fork road we did had lots of snow, good 9" at least.

Best possible chance for a snow Run is going to be over by us at Detroit then probably, I know the N. fork road we did had lots of snow, good 9" at least.

Another 30" and then it would make a good snow run.

I don't think 9" will touch my diffs.

Another 30" and then it would make a good snow run.

I don't think 9" will touch my diffs.

As far as over in the Detroit, it's near the 30" i think. I just know when our group went up N.fork, when we were at the lake, it was about 9" and I imagine was would get deeper the higher we went.

Re: Re: Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

As far as over in the Detroit, it's near the 30" i think. I just know when our group went up N.fork, when we were at the lake, it was about 9" and I imagine was would get deeper the higher we went.

Nah. There really isn't much high elevation snow. With the inversion this week it has actually been in the 50's at higher elevations. Yesterday afternoon at 3700 feet my thermometer was reading 45.

yeah N. fork was a have family fun thats why the 9" was perfect but as you could tell it didnt really phase most of the rigs that went.

We need like 4 feet. Even 30" isn't enough to actually have a good time wheeling. Maybe
For stock or a rig with 31's.

Re: Lost Lake Run January 4 and 5: (Canceled - No Snow)

Seems like the consensus is that this run is CANCELED, due to lack of adequate snow. Bummer.

We're definitely behind on snow this year, but usually the good stuff doesn't start falling until at least February. I say lets give it a month, and we can come back to this. If the goal is snow camping I want to at least have enough to try and build a snow cave. ;)

Fire dis biatch back up and stamp a new date on'er

you fellas know what the conditions are currently? or how fast we need to put this together? Id be willing to come up, my brother in law wanted to see how NAXJA does snow runs!:yap:
To whom it may concern: Take it or leave it, I hope you know what I mean by saying this.~ I do however think that there needs to be a willingness to square up on front street, and put a few things behind us.

:dunno: Bronze

you fellas know what the conditions are currently? or how fast we need to put this together? Id be willing to come up, my brother in law wanted to see how NAXJA does snow runs!:yap:
To whom it may concern: Take it or leave it, I hope you know what I mean by saying this.~ I do however think that there needs to be a willingness to square up on front street, and put a few things behind us.

:dunno: Bronze

Did I miss something? Or did you post up in the wrong thread?

Are snowmobiles welcome? The XJ is still down, but I did acquire a "new to me" snowmobile...

Someone pick a date! I am jonesing to get out and wheel and I'm finally not in China.

Back