• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Lake Run: Take Two

Re: Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

Just putting in some food for thought here. This winter isn't as plentiful with the snow.
Unless it changes really dramatically I don't think their will be more than a foot or two

Last edited:

Just putting in some food for thought here. This winter isn't as plentiful with the snow.
Unless it changes really dramatically I do t think their will be more than a foot or two
Yea.. So far this year is fairly disappointing for snow:pig:

is there a reason to go up through lolo pass, and not down from Hood River? just wondering-new to this trip and was interested in the trip planning.

is there a reason to go up through lolo pass, and not down from Hood River? just wondering-new to this trip and was interested in the trip planning.

No reason, just fun.

E Lolo pass RD starts off hwy 26, it's a shorter drive. Then going out 84 in hood river.

It's not about being there, it's getting there that makes the trip.

And it's just the way iv always gone.

Last edited:

How about fire wood? Having the comanche I was plan on packing some in but I don't want to be to heavy. Wanted to see about sharing some weight when it come to gear and or supplies that we may all share. Josh and I are splitting gear between trucks but if we can spread the weight out more it would be nice. Things like water, gas, recovery gear like highlifts, maybe a pop it tent for the fire area, stuff that everyone can spread out and share between each other to keep the weight down for all the trucks? What y'all think? Should we just keep up to each other to have the right gear for your self, with no sharing. You stay away from my fire there Cletus :flame:

Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

^ funny, being that this is right after Christmas I was gonna say we should all throw our trees on top of our roof and we got fire starter! Haha but as far as fire wood, are we allowed to cut wood up there if it's alrway down?

Like are we allowed to shoot?
I'm not sure what Hood rivers County laws are.. But I'm sure it's legal within the typical set of Common sense rules.. aka.. No shooting in clear-cuts. or into the sky.. etc

;)

I am contemplating and tentatively planning in this trip. I don't have lockers, but I have tow points and will try and have my 31's on by then.

It has been to long since my last snow trip.

Talked my brother and sister into following me around mt st Helens.

I'm about 90% in on going for the day, evilxj was talking about doing the same.

35s, open/LSD, cb, tow points, gear, CO2 and onboard air.

This trip is looking grim, weather wise

I was thinking the same thing. Should we postpone another week or so?

Since you are close... I vote you do a recon run this weekend and let us know the conditions :D

Im good with postponing if need be. But im ready to rock when the time is right

:scottm:

Back