• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Lake Run: Take Two

Re: Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

I think Briandbub is headed up there this weekend. Somebody should check in with him on conditions.

Fwiw the roads table shows Lolo closed according to Hood River RD but open according to Zigzag

Rumor goes the cement barricade is in place and lolo is for snowmobiles only

Welp...what legally defines a snowmobile?;)

Are we doing a lost lake run January 4 and 5?

So.. Bri and bub said that there are the barricades up. What are we gonna do instead? Cause if they put up the blocks for only snowmobiles to go through, even though there are other ways around they don't want us in there...

What is the consensus?

BPB and I did an impromptu snow recon run in the GPNF last night. I was hopeful there would be some fresh snow after a brief snowfall in town. We cruised up to about 3900', and there was less than a foot of ice crusted snow. We didn't even bother airing down, and I only used four wheel drive on a few corners.

This winter blows so far. Hopefully spring snow wheeling will make up for it.

If you want snow, go up to Breitenbush Lake, best you can hope for

What about the trails in hood river? I've seen some guys on Facebook who have gone up in the last few weeks and there's a decent amount of snow, and those trails look pretty cool.

I believe they are by Kingsley reservoir

i thought breitenbush lake had a gate closing it off. or do you guys go in the back way via Olalie?

I went all the way up to lost lake December 6th while they were still getting a little snow. There was 2 feet of fresh powder, the kind that is so fluffy and dry you could stay in 2wd and bomb through it. That was weeks ago and I would imagine that it has melted rather than accumulate since then.

I believe the lake is around 3100ft elevation, snow level has been way higher than that.

i thought breitenbush lake had a gate closing it off. or do you guys go in the back way via Olalie?

The gates aren't always shut, the south route gets a little more hairy with more snow, the north route via Olallie doesn't take as long as you would think especially if you have a group of capable rigs.

Is this still set for the 4th and 5th? If not what's the plan! Let's get something figured out

Is this still set for the 4th and 5th? If not what's the plan! Let's get something figured out

After talking with a fellow worker today that lives in Zigzag and checking the local forecast. There is no snow and will be no snow in time for this run.

That being said, I'm out. I'm not even going to bother driving up there this weekend to check it out.

Back