• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Rig Directory

Hey all,

My name is Eric and I have an 89 XJ Pioneer that my dad and I are slowly turning into the ultimate 4 wheeler (that can also drive to the trails).

4.5" RE Kit, SYE, CV Driveshaft
2" spacers front and rear
33x12.50 BFG mud buddies
D30 (Front) with Detroit EZ locker
8.25" (Rear) with Detroit locker
Dynomax cat back exhaust...

Future mods (hopefully as soon as this summer):
Rear 4 Link.. (any tips or comments would be appreciated)
beefier axles w/ gears and some armor

Will post pics soon when I get a hold of them.

XJeeper20 said:
Hey all,

My name is Eric and I have an 89 XJ Pioneer that my dad and I are slowly turning into the ultimate 4 wheeler (that can also drive to the trails).

4.5" RE Kit, SYE, CV Driveshaft
2" spacers front and rear
33x12.50 BFG mud buddies
D30 (Front) with Detroit EZ locker
8.25" (Rear) with Detroit locker
Dynomax cat back exhaust...

Future mods (hopefully as soon as this summer):
beefier axles w/ gears and some armor

Will post pics soon when I get a hold of them.
\

Theres alot of people that will tell you a rear 4 link is not worth the money. You can get great performance out of rear leafs and it also will keep you a little more stable.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Theres alot of people that will tell you a rear 4 link is not worth the money. You can get great performance out of rear leafs and it also will keep you a little more stable.

-Alex

True dat! Rear leafs set up right (95% of Cherokee owners never get them set up right) will flex like crazy, ride good, and just work.

WheelinJR said:
True dat! Rear leafs set up right (95% of Cherokee owners never get them set up right) will flex like crazy, ride good, and just work.
I'm sure they can, but who's to say that a rear 4 link set up right won't flex even more?

I just started looking at a rear 4 link for my XJ and I haven't really come across anything too negative. I haven't really come across much at all actually, so if you have any threads or anything about a rear 4 link it would be greatly appreciated :spin3:

Last edited:
XJeeper20 said:
...but I read this thread about this guy who set up a rear 4 link and has no stability problems...
So it must be true.
XJeeper20 said:
XJeeper20 said:
IMO this is the way to go...
Why did you ask for input if you already have your mind made up and are unwilling to listen?

:dunno:

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
They will flex more, but more flex isn't always what you want. There are a lot of TJ owners who have swapped their rear coils for leafs because of the stability they give.

-----Matt-----

talk about a load of bull shit. you find be one and tell me he was not being a cheap bastard.

madmax said:
talk about a load of bull shit. you find be one and tell me he was not being a cheap bastard.
I'm not really sure what you're getting at, but here's just one pic I've got laying around:

Cimg4524.jpg

-----Matt-----

im not buying in to it. i have built alot of rigs over the years and like the saying goes "once you have run a linked set up you will never go back"

CanMan said:
Hell, a lot of comp Toys, F toys, still run them with success.
think real hard about what you wrote............................ they have to run leafs, its in the rules to run that class

unless you have the opertunity to compair leafs to links. IE own and run both, there would not be all this nonsense being typed.

ive seen alot of leaves flex just as good as coils and links. plenty of them. in my mind there is nothing wrong with leaves. besides thay are alot simpler.

Tyler

1989 Laredo 4.0L Auto
Some stuff on it. Dana 60 and HP44 at the shop ready to be narrowed.
2018282130.jpg

2018245382.jpg

The second one is definitely really old but still a good shot (thanks John), but the first is fairly recent.

Back