• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Rig Directory

WAJeepster said:
The second one is definitely really old but still a good shot (thanks John), but the first is fairly recent.

You driving that back and forth from Montana?

Brian Bosch
Lake Tapps, WA

I've got a '89 straight-six, AW-4, NP231, dana 30 front, dana 44 rear, ARB bull bar with a warn m8000 winch, ruby express 5.5" lift, custom on-board air system (using stock a/c compressor), BF Goodrich mud terrain 33" and 35" all terrains, custom camo paint job, daystar and blazer off-road lights, wireless remote control for high beams and offroad lights, bushwackers, cb, cd player with amp +subs, and lots of recovery and survival gear in back. Its gotten me through hell and back. They don't call them war wagons for nothing! I am looking for folks to go wheeling with. I usually like going up to evans or naches, but any wheeling is good wheeling! I heard about a memorial day weekend 2008 meet in little Naches. Anybody got any info on the meet or want to go wheelin'?

Future mods:
4.0L HO swap (with stroker project)
supercharger
snorkel
slip yoke eliminator
selectable lockers (not sure which to go with yet)
custom 4x4 fab rear bumper and tire carrier
ARB roof rack
tube doors
200 amp alternator with dual battery system

[email protected]: email for pics (cant seem to upload any right now!)

Yeah but not in the Jeep, i've got a comuter ranger.

thethinginthewoods said:
Brian Bosch
Lake Tapps, WA

I've got a '89 straight-six, AW-4, NP231, dana 30 front, dana 44 rear, ARB bull bar with a warn m8000 winch, ruby express 5.5" lift, custom on-board air system (using stock a/c compressor), BF Goodrich mud terrain 33" and 35" all terrains, custom camo paint job, daystar and blazer off-road lights, wireless remote control for high beams and offroad lights, bushwackers, cb, cd player with amp +subs, and lots of recovery and survival gear in back. Its gotten me through hell and back. They don't call them war wagons for nothing! I am looking for folks to go wheeling with. I usually like going up to evans or naches, but any wheeling is good wheeling! I heard about a memorial day weekend 2008 meet in little Naches. Anybody got any info on the meet or want to go wheelin'?

Future mods:
4.0L HO swap (with stroker project)
supercharger
snorkel
slip yoke eliminator
selectable lockers (not sure which to go with yet)
custom 4x4 fab rear bumper and tire carrier
ARB roof rack
tube doors
200 amp alternator with dual battery system

[email protected]: email for pics (cant seem to upload any right now!)

It's not on memorial weekend, but we do have northwest fest in june.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208

Sean

Someone asked me today if my Jeep's vital statistics were posted on NAXJA and I realized I had never done that so here goes. Had the Jeep 2 years. 1990 Manual (AX15) 4 door. It started with a 3.5" lift involving coils up front and lift blocks in back on 31" Wildcats. Leaked oil like a sieve engine ran like a comsumptive victorian. Cracked windshield, broken/oil covered seats. Owned by a guy who called himself a "Mechanic" Everything he had "worked" on was broken. DS control arm bushings ruined due to the forcing in of the stock track bar. Paid about $900. (too much but I got lucky) All I knew was that I wanted an vehicle with high ground clearance that I would not have to worry about parking at trailheads and fishing spots. Only thing I knew about XJ's was that I wanted a straight SIX and that a Puegeot gearbox was not a good thing. I found an old tow bar mount that indicated that possibly a good deal of the 262k of mileage on it was was being towed behind an RV and compression and oil pressure was good enough to indicate possibly not the original engine. Probably was an "ok" I was so impressed with it even in the state it was in it was a very capable vehicle.

So now 2 years later.

Engine (has needed the least effort. I love this SIX even the RENIX)

Fixed engine oil leaks (rear seal and rocker cover made worse by a plugged pcv system) Fixed all the faulty sensors/CPS etc and got fuel injection working properly.
Exhaust manifold (Stainless cheap)
AC onboard Air.
Yellow top Battery
Large oil filter conversion
Hard plumbed Oil and Water guages
Starter
Secret cutoff switch.
Hoses etc.

Exterior...

Washer modded and welded OEM tire carrier from the junkyard. $8.95 including the bumper and body brace.
DetoursUSA frame system up front with Superwinch Ep9.0
New windsheild.
Ghetto roof rack using Network Ladder rack. (Rarely used I hate the weight and wind resistance)
Trimmed wheel arches. using comanche rear flares and stock lifted front flares.
KC hilites on the bumper system.
H4 headlights.
Skid Road Tcase skid. (thank you GI John the best part of that purchase was having the honor of meeting you)
OEM gas and front skids.
AJ's Super Rails.

Interior... replaced seats... did a CB.

Drivetrain...

Polished turd up front. Ox locker, chromealloy shafts with Xjoints. 4.10 gears.
Dana 44 rear same gears and locker. Chromealloy shafts.
(this was the toughest thing I have done so far) Got sick of micrometers and dial indicators.

Rebuilt the AX15. (did this as a fun winter project, my first transmission rebuild.) The old one was actually in OK shape but some "mechanic" had installed either the engine or the transmission rather forcefully destroying the pilot bearing and subsequently the input shaft bearing. So now I have a useable spare. Of course did the clutch. Got the AX15, TC and new clutch for $80.

Rebuilt the transfer case and did a SYE. Grand Cherokee 5.2 rear DS.

33/10.5/15 BFG MT Went narrow like them more.

Suspension

Ghetto 5.5 " lift in back. (S10 leaves with a RE add a leaf)

Up front I have RC drop brackets, used Rusty's Adjustable LCA's and RE adjustable UCA kept the 3.5 coils and added some 1.75" spacers.

Thought long and hard about Claytons but got a deal on the LCA and frankly I still like the idea of an axle sort of attached to the vehicle.

JKS quick disconnects,
Rocky Road adjustable track bar.
Rusty's HD tierod.. (I have to say Rusty's stuff makes me think of German engineering without the precision) Heavy duty but a bit sloppy.

Works in progress... Trying to make design removable mudflaps . Maybe will paint it.
hope to inflict more body damage. Thinking about roll cages. Anyway that is my heap.
Hope to see you guys out on the trails.

IMG00063.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've been lurking around here for a while, figured I'd show off my junk.
88' cherokee nearly stock
4.0L, peugot, 231, Dana's front and back,
It's a work in progress.... currently off the road to replace the floors.

Last edited:
Scott Schmitz
Everett, WA

Stock '89 XJ, looking for 31" Mud terrains and a 3.5" lift in the next month or so. Then a winch bumper/winch.

l_a004cb2b39c1fc0cbad827cfb6cdfdf5.jpg

l_3531bbb8a9b432e49c1c3f1ba2502209.jpg

just moved to the area. this is an older pic with the old beadlocks and 35's ill try to get a pic tomorrow.
2eyhq2w.jpg
sorry its HUGE..

moved from central cal. sierra chapter. Never been on a naxja wheelin trip. there was only 1 jeep apart of naxja on here from the city i cam from and no one else around. So being up here i hope we can have a wrenching party so i can get her on the trails.

not yet. that pic is old so it still has the box lights on without the MJ tailgate. Right now it sits with the MJ tailgate and LED tail lights. ill get a pic once i get out of my PJ's and head outside.

Ba-Riedo said:
Do you have any pictures of the back end? Did you close it up after you cut it?

-Alex
here are a couple pics. sorry so big, took them with my cell.
2viqq1d.jpg
2db6mv4.jpg

Looks good with the tailgate, are you going to cage it up?

I would think that with it open like that you would lose alot of structural integrety and the body would start to tweak alot more offroad and onroad too.

-Alex

Yea i got a D & C cag in my garage i just need to get it welded in.

Back