• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Rig Directory

maxpowa said:

Try using
after the pic. It will look more like this.

XJshackles.jpg

I'm hoping those are 1.5" shackles.

Willy

As for trails here, just turn around and you can see them. 30min from my area there a town called Sooke (pronounced- SOOK) that area is great and it connects to areas called cowichan lake and shawnigan lake too then anywhere up the of the island. There are more logging roads on the island than paved to give you a good idea. Most of the west coast is un developled but quickly beeing eaten up by developers. Booooo! Covered in logging roads leading to some can opening trails and lots of dried up river beds to play in. I personaly am coverted from the Yota seen to the jeeps but I have seen the light! google earth will show you most of it.

mine have one extra hole (i guess no them exactly then huh?) I will snap a pic for you if you really want......Geeze man were not talking about weiner size here. All I know is that its three inches higher than it was before and that was before I threw on the 31's.

maxpowa said:
mine have one extra hole (i guess no them exactly then huh?) .Geeze man were not talking about weiner size here.

no but we are talking suspension geometry. 3" shackle lift is not very common and it makes me feel alot safer that you are to far north to see you on the road around the area Ill be living.
Jeremy

Not that crazy, sure looked funny though looking at the stock shackle and seeing these. I don't really like them though. Gives a real rough ride and I think I would rather get some re arched ones or blocks or even a add-a-leaf

maxpowa said:
Not that crazy, sure looked funny though looking at the stock shackle and seeing these. I don't really like them though. Gives a real rough ride and I think I would rather get some re arched ones or blocks or even a add-a-leaf

If you're gonna change it, a replacement leaf pack (be it new or bastard pack style) and proper shackle angles are the only way to go.

if those are the same ones i have and they look like it, then the upper hole is 1.5" and the second 2"

reson46 said:
Try using
after the pic. It will look more like this.

XJshackles.jpg

I'm hoping those are 1.5" shackles.

Willy

Thanks guys

Its a RE 5.5" lift, .75" front coil spacers, RE shocs, RE drop pitman arm, Tom woods drive shaft, advanced adapters SYE, 33X12.5R15 BFG M/Ts, 15X8 Dick Cepek DC-1 black wheels, Olympic top hat roof rack, pioneer P-690UB head unit, Boston SX-55 speakers all arround, yada yada yada

There is a dana 44 in my garage that im building up to put in the rear as we speak, once thats all built and regeared with 4.56s im gonna regear the front and then take it up to evans or green water.

Alex- I dont think so, I live in Kent and in maple valley and commute all the time and work out in black diamond. Farthest away I drive is to Tacoma to go paintballing or tummwater or seattle. Not many places :(

NickThePyro said:
Alex- I dont think so, I live in Kent and in maple valley and commute all the time and work out in black diamond. Farthest away I drive is to Tacoma to go paintballing or tummwater or seattle. Not many places :(

Oh alright, your rig looks good but I would strongly suggest getting rock rails before you take it to evans or where ever else.
And can we get rid of this spammer winch salesman? :rattle:

-Alex

Here Is mine

1987 XJ
5.5in LA lift
33 in Trxus MT with black steelies (2nd time Ive owned cause they were stolen and recovered, Thanks John)
ARB Air lockers Front and Rear.
Dana 44 rear and dana 30 front axles
THOR 1/4 gaurds
(Wheel Locks Very Soon)

Probly should get tomorrow if I remember...... $50 rims Do get Stolen, BELEIVE ME!!!!

Reiter2.jpg

reiter.jpg

halloween07024.jpg

Megawatt said:
Welcome Lockedup! Nice rig.

-Jeremy#1

Seems like I've seen pics of your rig on that rock as well???

Few shots -still under construction-

Here are some shots of how the jeep looked before paint and after some front end fixing. Only had a 3" lift on there witch didnt do any good
DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

And now I got my lift set up somewhere between 8" to 9" high and 35's
MyJeep.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Snowwheeling.jpg

Still a lot more needs to be done, A lot of plans, will keep updates

Back