• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Rig Directory

Thanks for the welcome.

Does anybody have any club recommendations or maybe some formal or informal meetings? I'm going to check out Cascade 4x4s tomorrow night and Timber Tamers next week. I've tried to contact the Seattle Jeep Club, but their website only provides an e-mail address and nobody seems to be checking it.

Thanks,
Willy

reson46 said:
Thanks for the welcome.

Does anybody have any club recommendations or maybe some formal or informal meetings? I'm going to check out Cascade 4x4s tomorrow night and Timber Tamers next week. I've tried to contact the Seattle Jeep Club, but their website only provides an e-mail address and nobody seems to be checking it.

Thanks,
Willy

I'd recommend the NAXJA NW Chapter. We will be doing a trail adoption up at Walker Valley this year. Also the Meet and Greets should be returning soon (often held at Performance Gille in Auburn). Also there will be Northwest Fest and the 25th anniversary event at Moab in October.

As for the other clubs: I've got great things to say about the TimberTamers and PNWJeep.

reson46 said:
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks,
Willy

We have semi-regular meetings in the Seattle area, and are due for another one. Blkxjcrawler(Ryan) or Canman(Eli) will probably chime in here. They are our new chapter BOD, and will anounce any upcoming meetings. The Tamers seem like a great club and are really active. Don't know about the other clubs you listed, but you should also check out PNWJeep.com.

-Jeremy

Edit: Dang Tracey, you beat me!

Megawatt said:
-Jeremy

Edit: Dang Tracey, you beat me!

That's okay.... I hear your XJ is way sweeter than mine.... Wish I could see to know why... :jester:

I checked out PNW Jeep. Looks like they are invitation only. Anybody want to invite me? :wave1:

Willy

reson46 said:
I checked out PNW Jeep. Looks like they are invitation only. Anybody want to invite me? :wave1:

Willy

You'd have a better chance by asking on their forum. The forum is open to the public. I think that most of the clubs will require you to particiapte on a few runs before an invitation is extended.

reson46 said:

Willy
the majority of the people on that site are not club members. But the club members are more than welcoming of outsiders on their site and at their events.

Do keep your eyes on the board here in the NW Chapter of NAXJA. As things return to normal from the holidays we are going to be getting back into the routine of Meet and greets, and wheeling trips. we'll see you soon.
-Ryan

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I'll definitely keep watching here. I'm looking forward to meeting and wheeling with everybody. :D

Willy

yay i got my lift done today and got my driveline fixed, here is my poser pic

12092008140.jpg

12092008139.jpg

Last edited:
lol, it was like that when i got it, but i think they used a rusty spoon! luckily they did ok on the back, im going to bolt some new fenders on one of these days and do a better job of cutting

photo.php
Hey all, From north of the border on Vancouver island. Some of the best wheeling on earth up here. I own an 87 2dr xj that has a 3"shackle lift in the rear and 3"spacer up front. 31x10.5's too. Have to wait till the kid can walk before i lift it higher, but then thats when its costs some big bucks.

maxpowa said:
Hey all, From north of the border on Vancouver island. Some of the best wheeling on earth up here. I own an 87 2dr xj that has a 3"shackle lift in the rear and 3"spacer up front. 31x10.5's too. Have to wait till the kid can walk before i lift it higher, but then thats when its costs some big bucks.

Welcome Maxpowa! Good to see more neighbors from the North, although if you live in Victoria, I might be north of you! I'm very interested in wheeling in your area. Could you post up a new topic in the NWC about trails on Vancouver island? Pictures would be awesome too.

-Jeremy

Back