• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jv report!!!!!!!!! nov. 15-17

Mike L said:
Already start? :scared:
nope. planing it out right now.
trying to figure out what tube to use.
doing math and calculating what will be the strongest and lightest way to go.
It appears that instead of 1.5" .120 wall, I can use 1.75" .095" wall which is stronger and lighter by .09# per foot.
Link material will be CrMo tig welded. Shocks are either going to be Radflo or Bighorn. I'll be picking up the bender next week from my buddy. Then I need to go by tubing. Probably won't start for a few weeks yet so I can finish up other jeeps. plus I think I want to clear out much of the garage so that I can do all work inside at my own pace. But there is a good chance that I won't have my jeep ready before st patty's day in march for the socalxj jambo. in which case I will bring beer and hang out.
crap, I better start brewing!

Rawbrown said:
nope. planing it out right now.
trying to figure out what tube to use.
doing math and calculating what will be the strongest and lightest way to go.
It appears that instead of 1.5" .120 wall, I can use 1.75" .095" wall which is stronger and lighter by .09# per foot.
Link material will be CrMo tig welded. Shocks are either going to be Radflo or Bighorn. I'll be picking up the bender next week from my buddy. Then I need to go by tubing. Probably won't start for a few weeks yet so I can finish up other jeeps. plus I think I want to clear out much of the garage so that I can do all work inside at my own pace. But there is a good chance that I won't have my jeep ready before st patty's day in march for the socalxj jambo. in which case I will bring beer and hang out.
you're not chopping the top, right? as long as it's not going to be exposed to rock-rash, 1.75 .095 is a great choice.

have you priced Radflo shocks yet? I haven't seen any prices online, what are you finding?

Rawbrown said:
st patty's day in march for the socalxj jambo. in which case I will bring beer and hang out.

:loveu: :yelclap: :clap: :party:

Gonna try something different. if it works then it will be super cool and fun to wheel. haven't figured out how I 'm gonna do it but I at least have a clue and a concept. Now I just gotta do it.
BrettM said:
you're not chopping the top, right? as long as it's not going to be exposed to rock-rash, 1.75 .095 is a great choice.

have you priced Radflo shocks yet? I haven't seen any prices online, what are you finding?

Back