• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July 2011 Carolina Beach Meet and Greet/Camping

Alright folks, one week from today we'll be beach bums. Who's going?

Going to try to sneak out of work an hour or two early Friday, but at the latest i'll be there by 9:00.

Well now that Nick and I have both been to the Crawl and seen just how much of an event it is, we'll do a better job of planning this trip around it next year.

so is this going to be on august 6th then? i will try to make it down there, i need a trip.

PM me if you are going to make it and want to convoy down. I will be leaving Friday after work, 5ish.

gonna try to make it down there, lost my job, but found a new one. kids ruined my tent, and i forgot about a concert this week on weds that im going to, disturbed, godsmack, and megadeath. taking the 12 year old to it, should be fun.

Keeping an eye on the tropical storm, which of course, has it's eyes on coming right up the east coast. Right now it looks like it may not be an issue until Sunday afternoon or so, but i'm not sure what their policy is on closing down the beach.

Guess we won't know till it gets closer...

Weather is looking better. Storm slowed down a bit and looks like it's going further off the coast than they first thought...

map_tropprjpath05_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

The way this week's gone, i'm so ready for this trip. Two days of be an absolute beach bum will be great!

Can we get a final count of who is coming? If you are bring firewood if at all possible. My normal stash is depleted.

I'll be there obviously. Leaving Charlotte 5-5:30pm which puts me at the beach 9-9:30pm, unless I can pull a miracle and sneak out of work early.

NAXJA has hit Carolina beach 2011.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312593589.605252.jpg

any place to get on and off with a 2WD? I'm shootin' to get there Saturday night, but my 4WD ability is currently limited (read the gears in mine aren't done and my friend with a 4WD has disappeared sine committing to going)

I would hate to get there and be stuck in a parking lot all night waiting for someone to find me

any place to get on and off with a 2WD? I'm shootin' to get there Saturday night, but my 4WD ability is currently limited (read the gears in mine aren't done and my friend with a 4WD has disappeared sine committing to going)

I would hate to get there and be stuck in a parking lot all night waiting for someone to find me

2wd is sketchy. When I got here my case linkage popped loose and I started on the beach in 2wd. When I lost momentum to turn around and shift it at the case, I almost got stuck. We will definitely come get you from a parking lot though.

If you kept momentum, you could make it down, I'm not really apt to try it though.

Looking forward to you coming. Ill turn my phone back on around 3:00.

Perfect beach weather so far!

Official.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312639988.588529.jpg

Back home, it was an excellent trip. Lots of sun, conversation, just enough drinks, a barely acceptable amount of eye candy. Good to meet Shorty and connect with another member. Went back to The Seawitch Cafe and had their epic crab dip.

A little bit of carnage to my Jeep. The nut for adjustment on the transfercase linkage broke loose, leaving me only able to shift underneath the Jeep. It did fine in 2wd. Found out on the way home the upper bolt for my starter is missing, the lower one is stripped and the starter is loose. Got it started with a ratchet strap to hold it in.

Much more carnage to me! Very sun burnt on my legs and feet, and managed to burn myself twice on the exhaust on my arm and once on my foot.

Just walked in the door as well. According to my obviously malfunctioning gas gauge I got about 10-11mpg on the way back. $20 says that if I were to go fill it up right now it'd only take about $14 or so.

It didn't like 100* temps, AC, and highway speeds too much on the way back though.

As always, it was a great time camping on the beach for a weekend, but damn have I never been so glad to get home and get a good shower in my life!

Great meeting up with you Shorty! Next year we'll be doing this again on the same weekend, unless something big comes up. And now you know which way NOT to take when you come back!

Thats the reason that trip was never really enjoyable to be. I HAVE to have a damn shower after a day on the beach. I enjoy doing it for a day tho.

How difficult was it to keep a fire going? Damn wind and fire don't get along.

I can build a fire with the wind, but unfortunately there was a state wide burning ban.

Back