• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July 2011 Carolina Beach Meet and Greet/Camping

For anyone who might be interested in getting a season pass, all the information you need can be found here:

http://www.carolinabeach.org/site_new/pages/freeman_park.html

Deadline is approaching for the reduced rate on a season pass ($60 until the end of March, $100 after that).

If you're close enough to the park and are thinking about making more than one weekend trip this year, getting the pass for $60 will pay for itself on first 3 day weekend you go, so it's a pretty good little investment.

Damn guys! After reading about this, it makes me not want to sell my Jeep! I'll hopefully be driving a 2008 Volkswagen R32 by July...but I may be near ya'll in Wrightsville Beach around that time...I know I'll be out there in July sometime...would be nice to meet up, even if it is post-Jeep for me!

got the season pass in the mail last week. just got off the mountains this sunday. heading to the beach in a couple months. this rig is doin great

got the season pass in the mail last week. just got off the mountains this sunday. heading to the beach in a couple months. this rig is doin great

Awesome! I got my pass a couple of days after I mailed in the money..really quick turn around.

Nick and I were just talking the other day about finalizing this in the coming days.

I am dffinatily interrested in it and ill be in savannah so it wont be to long a drive.... the only thing with me is that i will just be getting back from korea in the middle of june and the whole new house thing and the fact that the jeep isnt exactly running right now. (minor fixes) plus my wife has never been wheelin before and is timid about it. shes a country girl that spent to long in the city so i know shell love it. Just need to check on that and see about bringin a near 4yr old and a will then be 1 and a half yr old. It sounds awesome though!

I am dffinatily interrested in it and ill be in savannah so it wont be to long a drive.... the only thing with me is that i will just be getting back from korea in the middle of june and the whole new house thing and the fact that the jeep isnt exactly running right now. (minor fixes) plus my wife has never been wheelin before and is timid about it. shes a country girl that spent to long in the city so i know shell love it. Just need to check on that and see about bringin a near 4yr old and a will then be 1 and a half yr old. It sounds awesome though!

Wheeling is very minimal. Basically you put in in 4wd/air down getting on the beach, drop in a rut line and drive straight to camp where you park and you are doing the beach thing the rest of the time. It's like driving on a bumpy road.

The kid will yall's call depending on what his/her individual needs are as far as sleep goes. Post up if you need any advice, someone can offer some thoughts! Not everyone will be camping, there are hotels on the beach as well yall could stay at and drive out to camp during the day.

yeah we were thinking about the hotels, we're gonna work things out and see where we are at. Im not going to commit yet but I think this would be really sweet, and shes psyched about the beach and meetin new people(it would help her to know some girls who are into wheelin too) So I am on the fence but theres a strong gust of ocean wind thats about to make me jump.

yeah we were thinking about the hotels, we're gonna work things out and see where we are at. Im not going to commit yet but I think this would be really sweet, and shes psyched about the beach and meetin new people(it would help her to know some girls who are into wheelin too) So I am on the fence but theres a strong gust of ocean wind thats about to make me jump.

Just think about this...what's not to like about a nice relaxing weekend at the beach with the smell of salt in the air, the ocean breeze cooling you off, and a bunch of XJ's?

Just think about this...what's not to like about a nice relaxing weekend at the beach with the smell of salt in the air, the ocean breeze cooling you off, and a bunch of XJ's?

24/7-365 here...... but I'll still be relocating for a weekend onto the sands of N.C. for this one:cheers:

Beginning to iron out some more of the details on this trip. As of now the list I have is...

UNCC_99XJ - Tim (Friday-Sunday)
Cnickgo - Nick (Friday-Sunday)
Lowrange2 - Andy - Tentative?
PacificEd - Ed
49erRider - Brad
Ghost - Glenn - Tentative?
disturbedone1377 - ???
sam24th - ?? - Tentative
OverlandXJ - ?? - Tentative
scarylilguy +1 - ??
GeorgiaXJ +3 - ??
Shorty - Greg

Lets keep building off this list, so sorry if I missed somebody and if others are interested, please add yourself to it. One thing we don't have is who is planning on attending what days. It's a Friday-Sunday event, so post up what days you're planning on attending so we can better figure out food. Feel free to add your real name if I don't have it on there (it's because I dont know it lol).

Food - Right now thinking fend for yourself Friday night as thats when many will be arriving, and then hot dogs grilled on the fire for Saturday night. I'll talk it over with Mark and see if there's room in the chapter budget to help with the costs of the dogs and buns. Beverages would be whatever you want to bring. Who would like to handle the side items (Chips, plates, condiments..etc)? We will have a fire going but don't really have anything to throw ontop of it to cook on. Does anybody have a grill insert or a bunch of skewers? There is a Food Lion right before you get off the main highway that brings you into the town of Carolina Beach, so you wouldn't have to worry about trying to keep things cold on the way. Sunday the plan is to hit The Seawitch Cafe on the way out of town for a "real meal". The restaurant layout will fool you into thinking it's an expensive set up but the prices are very reasonable. (we all got out of there for around $10 with an appetizer, meal, and sweet tea's last time).

Firewood - Last year we learned that the cheap firewood from the gas station up the road...blows. Nick and I are both planning on bringing firewood with us...if others could bring some as well that'd be great. If we wind up with a ton of it, well we'll have one hell of a fire Saturday night!!

I'm also going to talk with Mark about getting some swag to sell for those who may be interested and hopefully maybe a banner to throw up on the beach too.

List of things you should think about bringing for you:

-Tent/basic camping supplies (if you're choosing to camp)
-Chairs
-Shade (umbrella, canopy..etc)
-Toys (football, frisbee's etc)
-Lots of sunscreen (take it from me, a person cursed with fair skin)
-Cash ($20/day entry fee to the beach)
-Adult Beverages (keeping it w/in reason).
-Plenty of String/Anchors for securing campsites (worked good hooking to the Jeeps last year). Also in case a bad storm comes up (again, lesson learned from last year).

it'll be Shorty + "either 1 or 2"

I'm just trying to figure out who will be staying home to watch the doggies or if I've got any friends that will do it.

I'm up for bringing/supplying whatever is needed-- I figured I'd hold out 'til last and see what's not covered by others and make sure it gets there.

it'll be Shorty + "either 1 or 2"

I'm just trying to figure out who will be staying home to watch the doggies or if I've got any friends that will do it.

I'm up for bringing/supplying whatever is needed-- I figured I'd hold out 'til last and see what's not covered by others and make sure it gets there.

Awesome! Updated the list of attendees

PacificEd - Ed
49erRider - Brad
disturbedone1377 - ???
sam24th - ?? - Tentative
scarylilguy +1 - ??
GeorgiaXJ +3 - ??
Shorty - Greg + 1 or 2

PacificEd - Ed
49erRider - Brad
disturbedone1377 - ???
sam24th - ?? - Tentative
scarylilguy +1 - ??
GeorgiaXJ +3 - ??
Shorty - Greg + 1 or 2
Wing Nut aka Wingna'Tooua aka Joe - Big Maybe.

So, minor set back occured this weekend. Nick found out he couldn't take time off from work for both the Crawl and the beach in the same month. Given the size of the Crawl and how many will be attending (including both both he and I provided he ever gets that Jeep of his fixed :D ), we have no choice but to push back the date of the beach trip.

Saturday night we were discussing it and we're thinking mid-late August now. The first weekend of August is out for me as it looks like i'll be in Washington DC for the weekend at a wedding. I know this is going to get in the way of those who were planning around back to school time, but we really don't have another option it seems. On the upside, those who were planning on doing both events will have more time to build the funds back up post-Crawl.

I think this will be better. You guys just let us know what dates are looking good and I'll try and accomodate.

Back