• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JET Stage-2 Question

Thanks old man (no pun intended),

there are no check engine lights when the jet chip is not on, so I guess I will just try and "clean" the chip as best I can along with the ECU location where the chip mounts, hopefully that will help. I am still calling Jet today for further assistance.

Joey B.

Just spoke to Jet...

the guy says that you have to take the entire ECU out and place it on a level service and then insert the jet chip into the ECU and make sure that it clips on both sides. Once this is done, you have to mount everything back up, re-connect the battery and wallah, performance gains (hopefully....het let me dream). but anyway, I am going to try this today and see what it is. My good friend is gonna assist me also so I don't make any blatantly obvious mistakes while I do this process. Its ironic that a process that takes most people 5-10 minutes is taking me a week to complete....ah well.

Joey B

old_man said:
OK first things first. Unless you punched out the neck of your gas tank, you can't get the nozzle for leaded gas into a no lead tank. You can't even buy leaded fuel around here except for specialty hot rod shops.

Can I get an AMEN!! I was under the impression that leaded gasoline was illegal as well and you could only put lead additives into the gas if you had an old car that was grandfathered in. Thanks for setting the record straight.

So I called Jet Performance yesterday and they said that I didn't have it in all the way completely. So I actually took out my ECU from the engine compartment and made sure that the two clips were in place securely from the jet stage-2 and then I reassembled. Same result, when I turn the key to the "on" position there is no "Check Engine" light however once I actually start the car soon after (2-3 seconds) the light comes on and the engine starts to stall. Soo, as a last resort, since I have this P0463 error from before, I may have to bring my Jeep down to the dealership and have them "quick fix" this code...don't know how much this is gonna cost but I guess we will see. Man oh man, and if that is not the problem and it the actual chip, well lets not think that far....

FRUSTERATED AND ANGRY

JOEY B

I work in Malden... You can test the unit in my jeep if you want, also giving me a chance to test it to see if i want to buy the jet chip. PM me.

Back