• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Jinx

Metal Thrasher

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/the-jeep-jinx/

Everyone wants to own Jeep because the core vehicles sell well. I think it really needs to be it's own specialty brand with a very limited offering. Possibly sourcing engines and transmissions from someone else but keeping the chassis, appearance, and function unique.

Nice. Hopefully it will get another chance.

I think jeep owners should pool together and buy up all the jeep shares.. :p
X2
Yes and First thing on our agenda would be.... New XJ! With the TJ rear suspension in place of the leafs. Don't for get a V8 and not the 4.7L
Next get rid of any 2wd Wrangler and take off the plastic front fender, replace with metal fender!
But with the libs controlling GM and Chrysler now it will never happen. Clinging to Jeep is too much like Guns and Religion. :tears:

X2
Yes and First thing on our agenda would be.... New XJ! With the TJ rear suspension in place of the leafs. Don't for get a V8 and not the 4.7L
Next get rid of any 2wd Wrangler and take off the plastic front fender, replace with metal fender!
But with the libs controlling GM and Chrysler now it will never happen. Clinging to Jeep is too much like Guns and Religion. :tears:

The first thing would be to get rid of fat cat execs and over paid union.

X2

You could get in a time capsule and travel back to the mid 90's. Jeep did this already. They called it the grand cherokee. Luckily the xj was so poplular it kept lingering on the assembly lines until 2001.

With a 55% stake in Chrysler Group, I doubt the unions are going anywhere. Jeep is probably screwed now more than ever.
Actually I read where they want out. AS fast as possiable. That is what the CEO was quoted in another article I read about it all.

X2
There's no room in the lineup for a new XJ. The Wrangler Unlimited now fills the 4 door solid axle off-roader slot. A 2wd Wrangler isn't all bad. Especially if you're going to be building it like many have: new t-case and axles. Why pay for the t-case and front axle if it's coming out? Not to mention Jeepspeed guys. A lot of them are 2wd because they prefer it. All I'd get rid of would be SRT and the Caliber twins. The Liberty would go back to something more XJ-like. Solid axle 4x4 and since the money's already been spent, keep the IFS 2wd. WK would be our profit machine.

Actually I read where they want out. AS fast as possiable. That is what the CEO was quoted in another article I read about it all.

I read that too.
It's the union retirement fund that has a stake in CHY and its the dumbest thing in the world to have all your egg's in one basket. those union workers need to diversify. If CHY folds (and with the way they are running its possible) the cushy retirement of those union workers that put in their solid 25 years of pushing buttons and complaining about pay would be sunk. They might loose some of what they have come to believe is thier right to have....more money in lay off and retirement than foreign auto workers make while working...

Since Fiat has now acquired Chrysler they need to make a little Suv like a Samurai with a diesel and tons of aftermarket upgrades like lifts, armor, lockers and the like! That'd be cool. The sound of getting 28 mpg on the way to the trail is appealing to me.

Back