• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep behind fifth wheel

Try registering your rig in ut as street legal, then you'll see why thats not a good setup ;)

It's work, but it's not THAT bad :cool:

imagew2.aspx

Average about 8.5mpg with this setup. likely close to 25K-26k. I'm too scared to weigh it. lol

It pulls really nice though.

1002874d1376928547-1994-ford-powerstroke-rebuild-26k.jpg

Found on pirate

mac 'someone is making it work' gyvr

That's a common setup here in ut. I know of many that do it with no issues. I'll be one of them come January.

I pulled doubles for 15 years here in California the last incarnation was a Ford Diesel, 26' fifth wheel trailer and a 20' flatbed with either the sand car and quads on it or my old CJ and Motorcycles on board. We can be up to 75' long here and that rig was every bit of 74'. It wieghed 24k with water, fuel food and everyones crap. The only thing I ever worried about was stopping it. I had brakes on every axle and coverted them all to disc early on.
I never had a problem with the CHP, the only time I was even pulled over was out of curiousity. the cop actually walked up and asked me if what I was doing was legal.

We have since gone to a motorhome and flatbed just due to the wife and kiddos being able to use the restroom and get stuff while traveling. The doubles set up was really nice though I really miss the setup.

I had several 5th wheels from 24-40' finally decided to give them up and switch to Motor Homes about 18 yrs. ago and to a diesel pusher 14 yrs. ago never looked back.

It struggled with my 40' enclosed race car trailer with everything needed for the race track at times but overall OK. Now most of the time I use a 20' open car trailer I bought for the XJ works great and easier to clean than a enclosed lol.

Well I'm buying a fifth wheel. Got a smoking deal on one. Now how to figure out how to pull the jeep behind it. I am thinking about starting with a Car dolly and trying that first.

Back