• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 stuff part 2

I dont remember it being that much for the other guys, and they did not have as large a group. It was in the other thread, but I could not begin to guess how many pages back it was

So what is the status of the order?

Muad'Dib said:
Here is the spreadsheet so that everyone can view it:

Jeep 2500 Order Sheet

Those prices boggle the mined. I paid more just to have the signal markers shaved out of my header panel and have it repainted than it costs to do an entire front clip conversion.

If it's any consolation, the shop quote I got for new grill, bezels, driver's side fender, and some paint (fender keyed, plastic cracked and fender bent from some stupid cow in an Escalade who couldn't park) was well over twice the cost of an entire Chinese front end.

I'm really tempted, and I don't think I'd mind a flat black Ratokee...

That doesn't make me feel better at all lol. For one, I hate to hear about XJs getting wrecked. Than there's the whole thing about my foglights - I paid almost 200 bucks to import a set of oem-fit projector foglights from Germany, and those Chinese foglights are 6.52each... Ok sure the Chinese quality will be suspect... but still... how the hell can you go wrong for 6.52/foglight?

I put way too much money into my front end to consider this conversion, but I wish I could afford to pick-up an MJ to give it this treatment.

BTW. I think flat black would look great.... if the kids laugh at you for not getting your Jeep painted... tell they you're going for the murdered out look.

Last edited:
I always call satin black flat black for some dumb reason,
but seriously... I love that color (whatever the hell you call it)

flat20elise.jpg

fbmercedes.jpg

I like the Tahoe that Rob & Big had on the show.

2dwam95hy7.jpg
40c57wy2sw8.jpg

I want to do my XJ like that when I get the 2500 front end. Looks like they did it all satin black with no clear coat, though in the show it had just enough sheen that maybe they used a satin clear coat on it and the still images don't really show it.

About how much do you think it would cost to get my 2500 fenders and header panel painted to match my Jeep? Then I could put the stock front in the garage if I ever need to put it back on again.

you could do it yourself, they sell auto paints in rattle cans at Advance auto, just take in your paint code and match it up.

Paint shop will be expensive and It is really not that hard to do

I don't know if I would do it myself without the proper air compressor and tools.

The saving grace is that the parts should come with a coat of primer on them already, so it should not need anything more than very basic prep and spray. For best results they would want to paint the parts off the car anyway, and then reassemble after.

You might be able to get it done for as little as $300 if you bring them parts and ask them to paint them, and then do the assembly yourself.

I have used the rattle cans a bunch on different stuff and they really do turn out great. I gloss blacked a set of wheels and they came out flawless. U just have to use the same principals as you would with an air gun.

I am also not talking about normal krylon, they sell color matched automotive enamel.

I've used the rattle can stuff before, but the paint on my '00 is near perfect and I don't want it to look shitty. I figure that I would take it to the paint shop then assemble it on my jeep.

Back