• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

its been fun

boost_fr3@k

NAXJA Forum User
Well all, Unfortunately my jeepin days are done for now. I took a wheelin trip up a local mountain, and the sh*t hit the fan when my front DS busted, shearing off two bolts in the output yoke, and tearing a chunk off the DS flange. The shaft flew into my 4wd lever, breaking it, and getting me stuck in the middle of a tough mtn trail with nutting but a wimpy 4 cyl yota to pull me out.

Needless to say some thing else broke in all the commotion. My tranny and motor were clocked about 3 degrees to the passenger side, making it impossible to get my shifter into reverse or 5th gear. So I took a look at the motor mounts only to find out that two of the bolts were stripped out and completely gone, and the holes were so stripped that even retapping and using bigger bolts didnt fix it. the 3rd had pulled out of the engine block, taking a decent sized chunk of the block with it, making it impossible to reattach it in any way, shape, or form.

Long story short, I'm sellin it, and gonna be down to one car until after I graduate college, then I may be able to afford a toy again. We'll see.

It was fun, and I appreciate all the help yall have provided, and the few great wheelin trips i was able to to go with you on. Hopefully I'll be back soon with a new XJ.

Chris

hmm. i deal with problems every time i wheel. sounds like you have another rig for a DD?

put it aside. fix it later.. thats what i always do. sometimes my rig sits for 3 months at a time while i gather the parts.. sounds like you have some elbow grease in this rig.. dont give up that easily. if time and funds are low.. then just wait till they're available...

im sure if you sell that rig, in a few weeks/couple months. you'l be thinking "damn.. dont quite have the money for another one, but i could of fixed that one now"

Sounds like a lot of work to try and do on a College budget. You can pick up a running rig for pretty cheap now-a-days I would just let it go.

Sorry to hear about it though. Keep all your lift parts and bumpers though. It will make building your next rig a lil easier on the pocket book. Good luck.

You can still come to WF2010 though We will have plenty of seats for riding a long so you have no excuse.

Well all, Unfortunately my jeepin days are done for now. I took a wheelin trip up a local mountain, and the sh*t hit the fan when my front DS busted, shearing off two bolts in the output yoke, and tearing a chunk off the DS flange. The shaft flew into my 4wd lever, breaking it, and getting me stuck in the middle of a tough mtn trail with nutting but a wimpy 4 cyl yota to pull me out.

Needless to say some thing else broke in all the commotion. My tranny and motor were clocked about 3 degrees to the passenger side, making it impossible to get my shifter into reverse or 5th gear. So I took a look at the motor mounts only to find out that two of the bolts were stripped out and completely gone, and the holes were so stripped that even retapping and using bigger bolts didnt fix it. the 3rd had pulled out of the engine block, taking a decent sized chunk of the block with it, making it impossible to reattach it in any way, shape, or form.

Long story short, I'm sellin it, and gonna be down to one car until after I graduate college, then I may be able to afford a toy again. We'll see.

It was fun, and I appreciate all the help yall have provided, and the few great wheelin trips i was able to to go with you on. Hopefully I'll be back soon with a new XJ.

Chris

Here's a tip for ya! Buy an Auto next time chris. :D It was fun wheeling with ya man!

Like Rob said, keep your good parts and score another rig for cheap and put those parts on it. It all comes in good time....

That's a tough break, man. I can barely afford to wheel with a full time job, I can't imagine doing it while I was in school. At this point I'm sure you probably just want it gone and don't want to deal with it any more, but yea, any parts you can save from it will help you in the future when you come back :)

Glad to hear you have another car at least, focus on getting school done and getting a job and then start spending whole paychecks on Jeep stuff!

that is bad news Chris..
concentrate on skool,
there will always be a deal on an XJ
some day when your ready again.

BOB

Yea. I'll prolly end up keeping the bumper and some of the other parts.

Thanks for the support guys. Its definitely depressing having to let it go. I've already done the math, and even if I tried to keep it, and fix it later, The only way I could ensure that the repair would be permanent would be to replace the block.

I'll def come out to winterfest and hang out with yall! It was too much fun this year to not do again.

:)

if your going to sell it, i'd just part it out, everyone needs something for their xj! you could make more money in parts to buy another xj then you could selling it as a whole... expecially if you want to start out fresh, just something to consider.

Keep the aftermarket stuff, part the rest and find a chick with a Jeep to wheel until you find another.

Problem solved. :D

LoL. Thats an awesome Idea! :)

I may have to find a jeep chick! Well...I pulled the bumper, winch, soundsystem, and tire/wheels (replaced them with old 31s), and now I'm trying to sell it. Hopefully someone wants a project in this economy :/

that sucks to hear, hopefully everything works out and you can get another one

That sucks about the jeep - and yeah its fun trying to sell vehicles with this economy. I took a pretty good loss on mine, but I got something new and fun to build now......

Back