• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the stock electric fan enough to cool on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZmOz said:
First of all, the worst word I used was hell, get over it grandma. If you don't like it you don't have to reply.

Listen up, and listen up GOOD, Bozo.

To the best of my knowledge, you aren't even a club member, just a board user. Eagle (who IS a club member) made a request and he made it very politely.

Lose the attitude, or YOU go elsewhere.

I offended a club member? :eek: I'm sooooo sorry, almighty one...............:rolleyes:

I'm an adult and I live in a free country. I will talk to whoever I want however I want and use whatever words I want...this will be my last post in this thread and on this board. I prefer to spend my time with people who's panties aren't so tight.

HOLY CRAP:eek:

This is what I get to read after ive not been on the board for a week????????

Guys cmon, that wasnt very nice what you all said to zmoz. I really really think you should all apologize to him and welcome him here with open arms.:D

Wait a sec, what am I saying? He pops in here asking fer opinions and gets all mad when he gets them, then decides to defend himself using vulgar language(actually i say way worse than what i read here). Everyones posted their $.02 so heres my worthless pair o pennies. Electric fans..........tried em, they sucked for me, went back to OEM specs. Homebrew mods.........take responsibility for yer own actions and dont blame the jeep for a crap part you put on that breaks. And final opinion.........if ya read it on JU you bet your last dollar that its a fact:D :rolleyes:

Sorry to put you all thru reading my opinions and wasting yer time.......:D

Mike

ZmOz said:
I offended a club member? :eek: I'm sooooo sorry, almighty one...............:rolleyes:

I'm an adult and I live in a free country. I will talk to whoever I want however I want and use whatever words I want...this will be my last post in this thread and on this board. I prefer to spend my time with people who's panties aren't so tight.

I guess he's trying to tell me my knickers are twisted. :eek:

Spoke to my radiator builder who often writes in cars magazines and considered to know what he is talking about by those in the trade etc. ( recently setup the cooling on a Mustang Plane engined '57 Chev ) He said you would require 2000 CFM to cool the XJ properly. You would be looking around the 16" diameter fan to do this but with only 87 mm between the core and the hub bolts it makes it near impossible to find one to fit and still leave enough clearance. The stock opening in the shroud is 16" but with the radiator only being 12" high you loose even more clearance ( Another 8mm ) with the blanking part of the shrould that is in front of the fan below the core level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back