• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Scorpion Bumper Kit???

I finally got some shackles for the bumper, well they dont fit!!! WTF!!! Does anybody know the best way to bore out the hole so i can use these shackles? thanks..

yeah that is not really an option since it is the only ones they sale, thanks though.

yeah that is not really an option since it is the only ones they sale, thanks though.

Take 'em back and get them some where else. Why would you want to weaken your $200+ bumper to make $15 shackles fit. Tractor Supply has many different ones. Try them, they're online. That's where I got my 3/4" 6 ton shackles for $12 and change.

Ok, I really dont think that shaving an eighth of an in., if that, out of the hole is going to make it weak. If so I think there are bigger problems don't you? anyway I might do that but I dont think the store I got them from takes returns on surplus. get what I am saying. Maybe I am S.O.L.

Ok, I really dont think that shaving an eighth of an in., if that, out of the hole is going to make it weak. If so I think there are bigger problems don't you? anyway I might do that but I dont think the store I got them from takes returns on surplus. get what I am saying. Maybe I am S.O.L.

drilling them out with a larger bit may or may not weaken the tabs. if you want to play it safe and go with smaller shackles then you can still keep and use the ones that are too big- just elsewhere. throw them in your trail box along with your tow strap. or you could sell them to someone else.

DIRTCLOD - When is the website going to be finished???

DIRTCLOD - When is the website going to be finished???

I apologize for it taking so long, but we are working on it. The sales cart portion imploded before Christmas (great timing..:smsoap: :rattle:) and all the info was trashed. We had been having problems with the shipping calculations and while trying to get it up and running again, couldn't get the cruddy thing to work right. Finally tossed it aside, spent time looking for a new cart system and then had to learn the software and load up all the information. It is one of those many things that takes WAY longer than it should. Anyhow, we are close to having things up and going again.

All the products are available on Ebay if anyone needs something right away. If you don't like dealing with Ebay, just email me and we will take good care of you.

I really appreciate all the support and interest!:cheers:

I already have the original bumper but I really want to see the winch bumber and see if you have the rear bumper finished yet. Also are there any plans for making a rock slider kit? that would be sweet.

does anybody know if this bumper would also mount to the rear? if so I think it would look good and you could also build a swing out for it.

Here are some pics of mine. It was weleded up by a local guy in my club for his old XJ, he also put a stinger up front. I opted to keep the obnoxious stinger.

s6300454.jpg

sideioo.jpg

The frame tie in which is also tied back to the stock style tow hook brackets. I will eventually install the "long" brackets

Stiffeners below winch

at first i thought GREAT, im ready to get one! then my hopes sank as i seen they are out of stock on the xj winch bumper with long mounts.:tears:

Check the math. I was looking at doing that same one, and right now it is cheaper to buy the bumper and mounts separately than it used to be when they sold them together.

is the website not working for anyone else?

Back