• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iowa XJer's

so set a date and time, anyone?

Let's make it a kids/wife friendly, meet and greet, everyone welcome that is in the region. Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska etc. Choose a time and place. Possibly January with the silly season going on?

97CountryXJ said:
Let's make it a kids/wife friendly, meet and greet, everyone welcome that is in the region. Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska etc. Choose a time and place. Possibly January with the silly season going on?

what? you mean Hooter's is not wife, kid friendly? J/K. I would like to do it sooner, but I understand folks got alot of sheet going on this time of year.

Yeah, sure they are friendly about wives and kids, but lets see if the wife is friendly about hooters girls. LOL
Lets see what we can put together as far as date/time.

Someone mentioned 2 weeks from this saturday. That works for me. If others are having to drive a couple hours like we are, then how about a mid to late afternoon gathering? Didn't silent_bob say he has to work till noon? that should give him enough time to make it over. As far as location, we (the wife and kiddo) are open to about anything, (even Hooters!!). Lets get a date set and roll with it. My experience in the past year w/ the KC and St Louis M&G is that unfortunatly it will never meet everyones schedule, so it is easier to just set a time and location and be done.

well, fock, no one gonna step up? what;s everyone doing next weekend?

How about Staurday, Dec 8th. That will give everyone a couple weeks to get things arranged???

XJ&TJ4ME said:
How about Staurday, Dec 8th. That will give everyone a couple weeks to get things arranged???
I will take the day off work for this shat, besides Tyler and Curt I haven't met any of you other clowns, this sounds like a good time. Sat Dec. 8 works for me, you guys name the time name the place, I have no plans. Let's fill a parking lot up with XJs! Oh and Tyler, I'd greatly appreciate that cassette, that way I can put it in my dad's 83 Porsche for when he's driving around.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
Someone mentioned 2 weeks from this saturday. That works for me. If others are having to drive a couple hours like we are, then how about a mid to late afternoon gathering? Didn't silent_bob say he has to work till noon? that should give him enough time to make it over. As far as location, we (the wife and kiddo) are open to about anything, (even Hooters!!). Lets get a date set and roll with it. My experience in the past year w/ the KC and St Louis M&G is that unfortunatly it will never meet everyones schedule, so it is easier to just set a time and location and be done.

I am the one that suggested 2 weeks from this satuday. While it it convienient for my, it may not be for other's. I say let's set this in stone. time? place?

I can't believe 90PioSport99 ain't speaking up, since he is online

Since I started this post, how about this.
Saturday December 8, 2007. Meet and Greet, weather permitting, family friendly/optional, everyone welcome from the region at the Des Moines Hooters parking lot, 2-ish in the afternoon. We can set it up and call Hooters to let them know we are taking over. LOL
Hooters, 1480 22nd St, West Des Moines, Google for directions.
Yes - or - No? Chime in all...number of people, etc.

97CountryXJ said:
Since I started this post, how about this.
Saturday December 8, 2007. Meet and Greet, weather permitting, family friendly/optional, everyone welcome from the region at the Des Moines Hooters parking lot, 2-ish in the afternoon. We can set it up and call Hooters to let them know we are taking over. LOL
Hooters, 1480 22nd St, West Des Moines, Google for directions.
Yes - or - No? Chime in all...number of people, etc.

If it is at 2 then I can make it since my dinner isn't till 6 (not going to miss free food and drinks at Latin King).

Count Camille and I in, we will be there. We might have the kiddo w/ us as well, but he LOVES Hooters (he is 1 yr old and takes after his old man!!).

I am sure that if my boy is coming w/ us then we will be in the little Jeep, but if it is just me and the ol lady, then we might brave the trip in the Big Jeep. Running no swaybars and bias ply Swampers...not really the safest rig on the road or quietest!!

Dang it I planned on going to the toys for tots thing in Chicago on the 9th. Can't make this one, but i should be moved up there not to long after the first of the year.

Count me & the g/f in, I may try to get off a little early to make the drive.

97XJ Jeeper said:
Dang it I planned on going to the toys for tots thing in Chicago on the 9th. Can't make this one, but i should be moved up there not to long after the first of the year.

WTF? you didn't tell us you was a jarhead

97XJ Jeeper said:

Make sure you find the MWC group there and join us.

Rev

Back