• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introducing our Ultimate XJ Steering Brace!

That is correct, however I believe the C-rock brace has a wrap around section that goes underneath the rail. If so, it would need to be trimmed to allow the brace to sit flush.

I apologize for the late reply as well!

I have a bunch of DIY kits in stock, and we're currently waiting for a batch of braces to get back from powder.

Good luck to those COfest participants as well! We've tossed up one of our steering braces for grabs as well as a 231 shift kit! Unfortunately we won't be able to make it.

Thanks for the support NAXJA!

Bryson

will order one when I get done with the rear ...Damn 44's are a lot of work to fit .

Just ordered a DIY one and your linkage kit. Following you on Facebook as well. Love the stuff you are doing.

Hey man, just wondering if there is any kind of guide/instructions or anything that you have posted for the DIY kit. I know its not rocket science and I already have it tacked up but for the sake of others not making the same mistakes I did while getting it mocked up, is there any documentation for this kit?

Also, great product and the linkage kit I also got with it is slick.

do you think someone could cannibalize the DIY kit to work on a WJ steering box if they did not mind fabbing/welding it

Finally had time to weld this up and install it. I ordered it on 10/6 (posted here about the order on the 8th) and received on 10/14. I picked up the DIY kit. The kit is simple and all replacement hardware was top notch. The CNC cut bracket is very well done. There is no paperwork with this kit. The install instructions listed on the site are for the pre-built/welded brace. The DIY kit is near foolproof though, it puzzle pieces together pretty much one way only. Looking at the pre-built brace will give you a good idea of what goes where. There is some slack in the fitment though so it is possible to tack it up incorrectly if you don't actually have a high resolution picture of the bracket/or instructions.

For my install I mocked up the outer brackets and tacked in the crossbeam (just standard rectangular tubing) with it installed onto the unibody. Removed and finalized my welds. The instructions called for hammering the outer lips flat but this was not adequate for my install and involved making some cuts and considerable more bending the center section lip than anticipated to get the crossbeam to fit flush. Not a big deal, just an FYI for anyone installing this (DIY or built)

Once installed everything fit well, cleared well and a test drive gave results of the hard work (see below).

My main reason for installing this was to support my gearbox. I had issues with popping sounds when turning awhile back. A lot of this was resolved when I put in an aftermarket steering box spacer but it still didn't feel like other XJs I have drove. My box is pretty new and I have adjusting it for steering slop yet I still felt I had an unusual amount of slop. (Over 1/8th of wheel play but under 1/4 turn) When having someone turn the wheel while examining the steering you can see the entire box shift some as the unibody gives.
This lead me to looking into braces and finally finding the Boostwerks brace that rivaled everything else on the market.

After my test drive, nearly all slop was removed. At city speeds it feels very nice and tight, like a new car almost. At highway speeds it might be too tight, changing course on a twitch. This could be due to my pre-adjustments of the gearbox. Either way, its much better. I feel less body roll when turning and overall I am very satisfied with the product.

There is literally nothing else on the market for steering quite like this for your XJ. At the DIY price point everyone should buy this and install it. If you don't have access to a welder even the built price is worth it if you have any issues with steering. I picked up a IRO searing kit and track-bar expecting it to address these issues but it didn't. This brace was what I needed and fulfilled my expectations completely.

It is worth noting that my interactions with Boostwerks was lacking. As in non-existent.
The products rock and while it seems that if I had a real problem I would get a response but I made multiple attempts to reach out about getting more details on the kit and was greeted with crickets. Most insulting was watching someone in the linkage kit thread indicate they sent a PM and watching Boostwerks respond within a day 11/17-11/18.
My first attempt to contact was 11/2 via PM, then on 11/5 via email, this thread on 11/11 and again via PM on 11/18. No responses to any of them to this day. Disappointing.

I apologize about that, but I had replied to your email on 11/7. It may have gotten lost in the abyss however. Long story short, no I don't have any instructions for the DIY kit. I do include the full brace instructions however which should and can be used as a guide. I'm making the assumption that the end user who selects the DIY kit will have enough welding experience to successfully fit-up the parts.

I am at the moment a one man band as well, whom also works another full-time job during the day. I will however offer as much support as I can. Until I can afford to take the next steps in growing the company, this is simply how it will be. I appreciate your understanding!

Does anyone have pics of this installed on their rig?

What is it you are looking for?

6b6539f65be148afbe248069b162ef27.jpg

Trying to see people's pics and thoughts on it.

It's amazing and you're silly not to have it. Really. I spent hundreds more on other things trying to make my truck feel what this brace did.

This is on my short list of purchases for my jeep.

Will this work in conjunction with the still unreleased CompMount, or will some modifications need to be made to use both simultaneously?

This is on my short list of purchases for my jeep.

Will this work in conjunction with the still unreleased CompMount, or will some modifications need to be made to use both simultaneously?

The Comp Mount will serve the same function as the steering brace, It simply adds the winch mount into the mix. The steering brace is more suited to those who already have a winch bumper or don't require a winch. They both utilize the same mounting points however allowing for an easy upgrade.

Back