• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Is one of those pics at the Pipeline in Palmer, MA? I thought that place got shut down. Either way, nice jeep.

Hi im John. I live about an hour away from Albany, New York.
This is my 01 xj ("Grizz") 2" bb with 235 mt's

JEEPGRIZZ001.jpg

hopefully i did that right haha

this is what is done to it if you want to check it out
Suspension / Wheels & Tires –
Rubicon 4.5” Superflex Suspension Kit w/ rear leaf springs
Rubicon adjustable track bar
Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie Rod & Drag link assembly
Rubicon sway bar disconnects
5 x Mickey Thompson 15”Classic Lock Wheels - Silver
5 x BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A K2
Other misc suspension, steering, and braces

Axles –
Auburn Gear ECTED electronic locking differentials – Front and Rear
Warn Differential Skid Plate – Rear
Mile Marker Manual hubs – Front

Engine –
K&N Intake System
Banks Torque Tube Header
Banks Exhaust
Rubicon Throttle Body
die hard platinum 1150 cca
Powermaster High Torque Starter
Powermaster Alternator

Transmission –
New transmission with performance converter and valve body
Remote Transmission cooler
Transfer Case Overhauled

Interior –
Husky Liners floor mats front and rear, cargo area
Mastercraft Baja RS adjustable seats
Sony head unit

Exterior –
Warn Front Bumper
Warn Rear Bumper with Swing Arm Tire Carrier
Warn Power Plant Winch with built in air compressor
PIAA Fog Lights
Wheel wells and entire undercarriage Rhino Lined
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Thule Roof Rack w/ bicycle attachments
Rear Towing Hitch

Long time chero-forum member who's returning to naxja. Some of you know me. I've got a 99 Cherokee that I've owned since it had 8 miles on it. Live in eastern PA.

I've owned Cherokees since I was 18. This 1996 is my 3rd. All DDs, but this latest one I'm actually doing the work on myself to save some bucks. Planning on doing some off roading mods in the spring. Learning curve so far has been good. Love Cherokees, I'll never want to own another type of vehicle.

What's up guys, my name is Colton and I'm located just outside Harrisonburg, VA. I've been reading NAXJA for a long time, just haven't posted that much. I've frequented the green and brown forum lately that everyone knows of and it seems like you guys have a lot more fun and a lot more tech over here. Anyways, I know I may be a good bit further south than a lot of you all, but I'd like to make it up that way to wheel with some of you in the future. I've been to RcRocs before to watch and every since then I've been wanting to do some wheeling up there. Here are a few pics of my 99' XJ. Nothing special, it's at about 3" of lift, 35's, locked HP30/8.25, and a good bit of stuff I've fabbed up to make it work well over the jagged pointy rocks of this area.

IMG_1303_zps314fa6cc.jpg

D4462DE6-CAE9-4A3B-8B32-FCE2535340F7-15203-00000FA5515B2A86.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Always lurking around on the forums, never did much posting. But I am bored at work now:D Was a yj guy for a now, but have been cursed by the unibody. From southcentral PA.

My first xj, 4.5" lift on 35's, 8.8 rear, locked f/r
jp.jpg

Got bored, floor was rusted through badly on the xj so i parted it out and picked up an mj for $450....gotta love craigslist. Leaf springs f/r, waggy 44's and 35's. In progress as we speak...NP435 swap and flatbed.
IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

487838_4273233191795_1616614437_n_zpsc08fbf4c.jpg

I see your MJ's PO had the same general bodywork skill as mine did... at least he used metal? instead of bondo, window screen, and housepaint.

Looks like you've already put it to good use!

Long time chero-forum member who's returning to naxja. Some of you know me. I've got a 99 Cherokee that I've owned since it had 8 miles on it. Live in eastern PA.

First name? Wondering if your who i think you may be.. we met at BMJA Turkey Fest?

Welcome to the rest of you guys too!

I see your MJ's PO had the same general bodywork skill as mine did... at least he used metal? instead of bondo, window screen, and housepaint.

Looks like you've already put it to good use!

Yes....no bondo here, he just slapped some aluminum plate and rivets over the rust. Oh well, the cab is pretty solid and the bed is being ditched anyway

Hello

Been lurking for a while. Grew up in France, relocated to central NJ 12 years ago now.

Long story short, in 2000 I bought a WRX brand new to replace an older grand cherokee V8. I had always dreamed of a WRX, my wife was initially pushing for an STI believe it or not.

While I commute a lot by bike (~18 miles one way. the no engine kind) every time I used the Subaru it would frustrate the heck out of me: old people, garbage truck, cops, you name it.

Fast forward 2 years, my daughter totalled the grand cherokee (she's fine), and we bought her a cherokee as replacement. I drove it a bit to fix up a few things (thermostat, water pump, radiator) and fell in love. Sold the WRX and bought another cherokee for myself.

A year later (now) and I've made a few changes thanks to these forums: 4.5" lift, SYE, 32" tires, '89 HP D30, rear disc brakes etc. It's almost an obsession working out the kinks such as shimmy vibration etc.

Ultimate goal is to have a good daily driver and go offroad. I'm currently putting together a WJ knuckle upgrade but hopefully can go do some serious offroading soon. Well, as soon as I install front tow hooks...

Cheers

Back