• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

New guy from Boston.
Daily drive an 04 STi and just picked up a 96 Cherokee sport.

Right now the goal is to just keep it maintained and use it as a utility vehicle (hopefully utilizing knowledge here to do so!)

hymygyhe.jpg

4uba5are.jpg
Hey I know you! Nice to see you got a XJ. Anthony here, the UMass alumn with the blue SV650

Last edited:
Hi all. I've been mining this site for Info weeks while i shopped for my first xj. Just bought it 2 weeks ago. 2001, amber fire pearl, 180k miles and ....... It has a cracked head!!

I knew this was a problem with that year and I had a mechanic check it out before buying but he didn't find it. Waiting for a quote from an independent jeep garage in my area.

Other than the big repair, I am loving this thing.

Hi all. I've been mining this site for Info weeks while i shopped for my first xj. Just bought it 2 weeks ago. 2001, amber fire pearl, 180k miles and ....... It has a cracked head!!

I knew this was a problem with that year and I had a mechanic check it out before buying but he didn't find it. Waiting for a quote from an independent jeep garage in my area.

Other than the big repair, I am loving this thing.
Welcome! I'm in NH too. Where are you from and what garage are you getting a quote from? If you're not far from Hampstead NH you should check out Domenic's Auto and Jeep. Dom is a true stand up guy and does quality work.
http://www.domenicsautoandjeep.com/

BTW I love the Amber fire color, lets see some pictures!

just got this comanche been fixing her up and driving it around a bit still gotta find some axles and front lift stuff. i've had a ton of vehicles over the years a few cherokees no comanches though, ill try to get some pictures up when i figure it out haha

Welcome! I'm in NH too. Where are you from and what garage are you getting a quote from? If you're not far from Hampstead NH you should check out Domenic's Auto and Jeep. Dom is a true stand up guy and does quality work.
http://www.domenicsautoandjeep.com/

BTW I love the Amber fire color, lets see some pictures!

I live near medlyn motors in milford. Former jeep dealer. well respected.

file:///C:/Users/laptop2/Desktop/image.jpeg.jpeg

try creating a photobucket account, upload them there and they will dive you the code for posting the photo

and welcome to the site

and when they replace the head make sure that they replace it with a new TJ head or a brand new head, if they use a junkyard 00-01 xj head you will run into this problem again sooner or later

Back