• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Im in Lisbon, about 10 min from Lewiston. Ive heard of All Wheels, but never been. As far as I can tell, you have go north to find open land to wheel on. Ive only been in ME for 4.5 years now and really am not too familiar with what is allowed and whats not allowed as far as wheeling goes.

Moved here from Idaho where as long as it wasnt fenced off, it was open to the public for pretty much whatever you wanted to do.

Hey all, i've been on NAXJA site for a while but just found this thread.

Names will, From gray maine, I rock a white 99

body mods: 4lofab front hidden winch bumper with xrc8 winch, custom rear bumper, cut and fold rear fenders and quarters, trimmed front fenders, rustys superflex flairs, 2x6 rockers with frame tie ins, 4lofab tranny / transfer case skid, factory gas tank skid, olympic top hat roof rack with highlift mount, lumina z34 hood vents, lots of dents

drivetrain:,4.0 aw4 np231. hpd30/f8.8 both with 4.10s (4.56 in the shed waiting to go in), aussie lockers, and blue torch fab diff covers. IRO hack and tap and a stock front shaft front and rear. Dual electric fans for the motor, ac converted to OBA

suspension; 3" bds with 2" spacers and extended shackles, in process of putting some 14" 5150 bilsteins through the rear floor, rolling on 35x12.5 older general grabber mts.

has a CB, offroad lights, full size spare, lots of spare parts, bumpin stereo and lots of stuff.

I wheel at Allwheels (lewiston me), rocky mountain terrain park (carthage maine), A few privately owned places i have permission, and hopefully wicked hills (china maine) in the near future.

Hi my name is Bart, from Dracut,MA. I have a 1996 xj, 2door 5 speed....all stock. Trying to decide how to lift it at this time. Just did complete go through of xj and got it running awesome. Couldnt figure out how to upload a pic from my phone.....so no pic :(. Im a newbie to modifying jeeps, so any ideas,help,insight to what i should do would be great. plus maybe some places to go wheeling in this area would be helpful. nice to meet y'all.

Hi Matt here, I am just stopping in to reintroduce myself. I've been moving around a lot since march (all for fun and just 'cause) and now I am back in PA until summer. I sold my most recent black '99 back in March and I should be going into NJ Monday to pick up a new white '99. I wont be able to make it out to Rocktoberfest but I'm looking forward to some winter/spring runs.

Hi my name is Bart, from Dracut,MA. I have a 1996 xj, 2door 5 speed....all stock. Trying to decide how to lift it at this time. Just did complete go through of xj and got it running awesome. Couldnt figure out how to upload a pic from my phone.....so no pic :(. Im a newbie to modifying jeeps, so any ideas,help,insight to what i should do would be great. plus maybe some places to go wheeling in this area would be helpful. nice to meet y'all.

Hey Bart.

Travis (5spd_xj) is from Dracut as well. He loves 2 door 5 spds.

Good to know ive got someone local for advice and all the knowledge on here as well

someone in the same town as me?! :loveu:

Welcome to the forum Bart, lots of awesome people on here (a few not so awesome, but you take the good with the bad!) You ever go to Pano's roast beef in Hudson NH? Some of us like to meet up there every once in a while for some AWESOME sandwiches, keep an eye out for a thread for the next meet n greet there, it's been too long since we've done one. Never a big event, and almost none of us actually drive our jeeps there anymore, but it's a great way to meet some people who are overly enthusiastic about XJs :thumbup:

His advice may be very ill-willed if you daily drive your jeep.

:shhh:

it be alot better then your advice for a trailer queen

Rob has a point :D

sweet deal :thumbup:

There isn't a ton of parking or seating, but the roast beef is amazing, and the customer service is top notch. Owners are the nicest people you'll ever meet. Might not be a bad idea to try and plan something bigger come springtime and we can just take food outside, maybe park across the street in the stop n shop lot

I will be in PA this weekend. Good luck though, hope you guys can get some support. Looks like a good thing you're doin there

Hey now,,,

Fred here and yes,,,, I am an XJ addict as well.

Lives in South-Central Pa. somewhat in the woods at the bottom of the mountains. Old as dirt and does IT to pay for my Jeep habit. Near Carlisle.

Driven nothing but jeeps for the last 20 years or so and have 2 in the corral now. My 96XJ with 6.5 coils and CAD brackets, bitch pack in the rear. Soon to be regeared with 4.88s and locked twice. 2.5 and a 5 speed too. Coupla engine mods ,,703 injectors and a 4.0 TB helps feed the squirrels. I have the parts (thanks to ya'll) to get my 1 ton steering connected to the Dakota gearbox. Now to find the time,,

Better halfs is a 98 TJ with 4" of ROR and some other stuff.

So,,uhhhh,, if anyone is in the Carlisle area and wants to meet n greet,, give me a shout.

Hi guys my name is Connor, I live in Central Maine.
I drive, you guessed it a 1999 Cherokee Classic and yes it is black. It currently rocks a RC 3" AAL lift, 30" High country A/T, custom roofrack, custom bumper w/ JCR stinger, Dynomax catback and some more goodies!!! This is my first vehicle and have owned it for three years lifted for one of them.

New guy from Boston.
Daily drive an 04 STi and just picked up a 96 Cherokee sport.

Right now the goal is to just keep it maintained and use it as a utility vehicle (hopefully utilizing knowledge here to do so!)

hymygyhe.jpg

4uba5are.jpg

Back