• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed my long arms

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
I got the RK three link long arm upgrade, I had a broken UCA at the mount and a cracked contol arm mount along with bracket. So for the price of all new RE arms I figured I would go with this. Install was really easy. The only thing I noticed is that rock rails interfere with the mount so I will be modifying those here soon.

la11.jpg

la5.jpg

la9.jpg

la8.jpg

la10.jpg

la7.jpg

LA.jpg

LA2.jpg

Ill get some better on rig shots of the arms tomorrow. And maybe a few mall crawling pics haha.

Looks good. What bushuing assembly is this:
LA.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Mike L said:
Looks good. What bushuing assembly is this:
LA.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Its a rockkrawler bushing/joint. It looks just like a superflex joint but supposedly it is more forgiving.

Tomorrow ill get that LCA bracket for you

not very much to that setup, how long it that take?

Took me two days, just based on I dont know how to weld so I had to find someone with free time. Installing the actual kit once it was all welded was like an hour. If you have an air hammer the bushing will come out like cake, but I had a hammer and thats it so it took like 20 mins. It was really simple to install. All the arms come with zerks to grease them, and you can drill into the UCA bracket and tap it to grease the UCA axle bracket. Ill take some pics this afternoon, I am actually in class now haha. Rides 100x better now.

The only thing I have read is there will be no binding at all. But then again I have read here and at pirate that a well set up four link will do just as well.

Here are some better pics:
This is where I had to remove my drivers rock rail because the mount got in the way of the torque arm mount. So sometime this week I am having a friend re-weld the mount about 7" over to the side.

driversside.jpg

Before all was tightened.
torquearm2.jpg

Here is a better actual arm shot.
driversside3.jpg

driversside4.jpg

Ill get some of the UCA in a little bit.

I dont know how tall I am sitting, I used 3.5" ZJ coils with 1.75" spacer, because my ass was still higher. In the rear I have Rustys 3" full pack with RE 1.5" boomerang so its even now.

That UCA mount buisness sucks big ones. How do ya think ya are gonna fix it?

I am on 34" Trxus MTs.

I am not sure what you mean the mount sucks?? As in it sucks because of removing rails or just the mounting system?? Either way I dont know. From what I have seen it seems pretty sturdy, and the rails are no big deal but if I am missing something that I should be looking that may fail or just be a pain in my ass, I would like to know so I dont end up posting how to fix something else AGAIN lol.

hey bro can you take a picture of your entire jeep. i want to see the 34's with that much lift and the longarms. im about to go to that much lift and i have to buy arms and im not sure if i want to buy the short arms or if i want those long arms. thanks alot

I want that joint for the upper arm mount on the axle, and I cant find it on their site, do you have a part # that I could search for, or a link to the page?

sourapple.jpg

There you go sourapple.

As far as the joint, i am not sure at all, let me grab the instructions on the parts list to see if it came with a Part #.

call rock crawler and they will sell you the joint seperately. IIRC they are like $30 or so. I have the RK set-up and I am happy with it. Just make sure all is tight and go!

Why doesn't rockkrawler use their krawler joint at the frame mount of the uca? Is it too big to fit? Isn't that supposed to be a stronger joint?

Back