• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Informal meet and greet

xjman88

NAXJA Forum User
I am sending an invite out to some of the local XJ/Jeep owners in the Central Maine area. I would like to meet some of you all and thought this would be the best way. I was thinking this Saturday in Augusta at Sam's Club or in that general area. This is in no way an NAXJA event. I do want to form a local XJ and other Jeeps owners club. MJs, TJs, YJs or what ever you drive, as long as it is a Jeep, please bring it as well. Please post up and let me know. hope to see you there.
Later,
Matt

Damn I can't make saturday, family labor day cookout. Hopefully another time, though. Definately interested in meeting up with other jeepers, I know some decent wheeling in the area near me, but I avoid going alone, its far enough out that I don't want to walk when I get stuck lol.

Same here...can't make it due to Labor Day weekend plans...I am definitely up for the idea though...maybe shoot for a different weekend since it is a long weekend for most??

Sunday would work for me. I do want to have another one in a couple of weeks or so. How about 12:00 then at Home Depot. I will be in a blue XJ with 33's and roof rack w/spare and a winch on the front w/ Texas plates. You can't miss it. I will hang out there until 3:00 or so. Shoot me an e-mail or you can call me at 207-547-3946 and we can talk then. Hope to see a few people then.
Later,
Matt

matt, I'll talk to the wife this morn ( sat) and see what is happening on sunday, I'd really like to do this. I'll get back tonite or early AM tomorrow.
Dan.

I love Maine.....espescially the North Woods. It's good to see we finally have a few members from the area...now maybe an event up that way could become a possibility. hint....hint...

Here's a teaser....approaching Mt Katahdin via the Golden Road.

IMG_8806.jpg

swany said:
how do you get to home depot from 95 south?
Get off 95 and go right and you will see Wal-mart on your left. Take the left into there and follow it up the hill and you should be able to see Home Depot there in front of you. I will have my cell with me if you need to call me when you get off 95. My number is 719-229-9510. Call with any questions please. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Later,
Matt

John B said:
I love Maine.....espescially the North Woods. It's good to see we finally have a few members from the area...now maybe an event up that way could become a possibility. hint....hint...

Here's a teaser....approaching Mt Katahdin via the Golden Road.

IMG_8806.jpg
John B.,
Those pics remind me of Colorado. I hope to get some events and other stuff going soon. I would love to put Maine on the Jeepin map like Colorado is. I know it will take some time.

hey good to meet you xjman88, too bad there wasnt more of a turnout. i am deffinately down for a wheelin day or somethin. nice jeep by the way.

Get much of a turnout? Im definately in on the next one.

Where in Lewiston are you? I work down there, curious if Ive seen your xj on the road

Swany,
Thanks a million for showing up and for the compliment on the XJ. I want to have another meet and greet in a couple of weeks. I will post up when this happens. I also want to plan a trip up to Northern Maine this fall as well as plan a snow run or two for this winter. If there is enough interest, I want to start a club and eventually our own chapter up here. Hope to see this forum become more active as well. I will talk to everyone later. If anyone wants to call me I can be reached at 207-547-3946 or on my cell at 719-229-9510.
Later,
Matt

I work at Napa in Lisbon. You probably havent seen my xj on the road yet. its been under the knife for a couple weeks. still gotta bleed the brakes and get the 33's mounted, then I should be down for a meet.

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend, but I definitely will try for the next one. Looking forward to it!

Back