• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

E rated 225/75/15 if they will fit.

I got four off eBay shipped to the door for 350 before winterfest.

Don't be cheap or enjoy 100 degree Harlan weather along the interstate changing a tire.

mac 'I replace mine every 3-4 years' gyvr

I have Carlisle bias, the four I bought a couple years ago all measure different from the ones I bought last year....and they are all a way different measurement from their radials. Other than that they run fine down the road

E rated 225/75/15 if they will fit.

I got four off eBay shipped to the door for 350 before winterfest.

Don't be cheap or enjoy 100 degree Harlan weather along the interstate changing a tire.

mac 'I replace mine every 3-4 years' gyvr

I definitely don't want to cheap out. If maintaining my truck and trailer is too expensive then I need to sell my Jeep and get a different hobby.

I am an idiot though, I should have suspected $250 was too cheap. Discount's site only added 2 to the cart not 4... cheapest off brand set of 4 is $400. E range 225s are putting me around $550. Not horrible bad in the grand scheme of things but a little bit of sticker shock.

$350 shipped and paying someone to mount them is sounding pretty nice. What brand did you get?

I have Carlisle bias, the four I bought a couple years ago all measure different from the ones I bought last year....and they are all a way different measurement from their radials. Other than that they run fine down the road

I just replaced my bias carlisle with radials Carlisle. The bias wore really bad and feathered like crazy. The radials are smooth. Now I need to balance them since I just found out not long ago that balancing is actually worth it.

I definitely don't want to cheap out. If maintaining my truck and trailer is too expensive then I need to sell my Jeep and get a different hobby.

I am an idiot though, I should have suspected $250 was too cheap. Discount's site only added 2 to the cart not 4... cheapest off brand set of 4 is $400. E range 225s are putting me around $550. Not horrible bad in the grand scheme of things but a little bit of sticker shock.

$350 shipped and paying someone to mount them is sounding pretty nice. What brand did you get?

I replaced the bias plys that were take offs cause they wore funny.

Trailer king st radial was the eBay purchase.

I put beads in them, first time I ever balanced any trailer tires...

Had a buddy with access to a tire machine help me mount them...

mac 'good tire thus far' gyvr

I took a couple days off work to hang with the family. My baby's 1st birthday is today and party is Saturday. So im getting the house and yard ready for that also. My wife has all kinds of things planned for the days but my main 2 concerns were make sure the pool is ready(done) and decide on a keg. See it has always been a tradition in my family to have a keg at the 1st bday party. Problem is we didnt invite a ton of people. So I decided on a pony keg.

Just went to order it and they said a full size is on sale for the same price as a pony. Now I have a full keg ordered.

Oh boy, ummm, anyone want to come over and help kill it?

Saturday night after the kid party is over and we take over should be fun with the pool, fire pit, and a bunch of beer!

The tires on my camper are date stamped 2007. They are Carlisle somethings 205/75/14 C range. I would have liked to replace them before we go to FL on Sunday, but I just had to spend $350 replacing the solenoid pack in the treefiddy's transmission plus filter/fluid. The truck decided it didn't want to go into any gear after idling for a few minutes unless I shut it off and restarted it. Scan of the codes showed a solenoid error and it was running 200+ degrees in 70* ambient unloaded. After all the work it now runs ~120* unloaded at 80* ambient. It just started acting up out of the blue.

Always something I suppose...

The tires on my camper are date stamped 2007. They are Carlisle somethings 205/75/14 C range. I would have liked to replace them before we go to FL on Sunday, but I just had to spend $350 replacing the solenoid pack in the treefiddy's transmission plus filter/fluid. The truck decided it didn't want to go into any gear after idling for a few minutes unless I shut it off and restarted it. Scan of the codes showed a solenoid error and it was running 200+ degrees in 70* ambient unloaded. After all the work it now runs ~120* unloaded at 80* ambient. It just started acting up out of the blue.

Always something I suppose...

they don't call 'em fix or repair daily for nothing....:D

Should have just gotten a GM or Dodge with a mantrans :anon:

I still want to know how Dodge got the TF727 so very, very RIGHT, and then turned around and got all the 3xRH and 4xRE/RH transmissions so wrong. Apparently they haven't learned anything since, either, because dealers are replacing 2014 Cherokee 9-speed autos at a rate of about 1 dozen a week in the US (the whole country, not each dealer.) It hasn't even been out a year yet and they've done 2-3 firmware updates and still have hard-part issues. Guys, just fire your auto trans department and throw money at Aisin like you did on the XJ and the new CTD Rams, OK?

Ford got it right with the 5sp auto in the 6.4 and newer v10s

Byron you didn't have to rebuild it. $350 in a 15 year old truck...not shabby.

I'll give you $500 for it...

mac 'bleeds ford blue' gyvr

Ken the 46RE isn't much different than the TF727. The check valve is the problem with the RE trans. It gets clogged and burns up the converter and clutches. Delete the check valve before that happens.

Sam takes the day off and no morning messages from him...

mac 'yawn' gyvr

Back