• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i have a new respect for people who bend nice cages. i cant figure out how to bend a tube how i want for the life of me. they keep ending up slightly off. i am trying to avoid splicing tubes together

Embrace the splice, there are three in every one of my hybrids, but I know they are going to be there every time.

Make a couple sample pcs, a 30, 45 and 90. Make a mark on the tube that corresponds to your die. Use those to layout and mark what you want before you bend it. After you do a bunch you won't even need to do this anymore.

This is why cages are expensive...

Congrats John!

Good for you, John!

Awesome john.

Congrats John!!

Congrats Grandpa!

Thanks, everyone!

Not quite the life-changing event like our first grandchild, but it will certainly be fun seeing him grow up like Sofia has. She's 27+ months now, loves to hang out with me in the garage and play in the jeeps, and can use tools better than some people that I've employed.

...and seldom holds still long enough for me to get a good picture :D

Nice.

As long as the naysayers don't keep it from happening.

It would fuel the local economy, ask Attica how they survive.

Just needs a campground next to it.

mac 'mwc summer trip next year' gyvr

My 90 year old grandma lives on a lake about 20 miles from there. I've snowmobiled the around there and it looks like it would be an awesome spot. I have an uncle with a pretty well stocked shop and bar right in the area too. The area could use the money and Crandon has a big offroad presence during the warmer months.

We almost went to Crandon this year for the dirt riot aug 1/2, but aren't now. Maybe a combined weekend next summer...

In other news welded some d-rings to the trailer tonight to make tying down the golf cart easier...

u3umy6yg.jpg

mac 'after working 12 hours on 4 hours sleep' gyvr

Haha. Swapped the tires back out for the stockers. Taking the others in today to get checked out. Took hitch off so we can put skid plate on.

Why are they doing it?

Am I a horrible person because I can't help laughing whenever the person behind me and to the right rolls up their windows at stoplights?

LOL. Mines not as stinky but some dumbass in a honda thought he'd rev his junk up at me at the stop light the other day. A quick turn of the 6 position to the smoke tune and he regretted that

Why are they doing it?

:sure:

I'd like to buy new trailer tires before Harlan. Right now I have 205/75R15 bias ply load range C. They are 7 years old. They would probably make the trip fine, but I've been extremely lucky with them and I'm worried about how old they are.

From listening to you guys I know I want radials and I know I want them balanced (unlike my current ones). How seriously should I consider a bigger tire (225/75R15)? I'm worried about rubbing the fenders now, but I need to replace the fenders anyway. My 205s have treated me well, so maybe just stick with what works?

I can get out of Discount with four 205/75R15 D-range Carlisles for $250. I never hear much good or bad about trailer tires, but presumably they make good stuff? I'm not a cheap ass on stuff like this, but if I can order a set online and get a better tire for the same money in the end, I'd go that route.

Back