• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

SaWEET!! I'd rep that thing. I'm still wanting an amberlamps for a tow rig. I don't think I can really be sold on too much else other than Big'nuf since it's a fricken rolling house...

Kman...John (Lesslimited) also tows with a van.

I've been pushing for an amberlamps for years, the wife won't let that fly. I could get one locally for cheap, but no go. Only reason we have a TT vs a RV is once you get to camp, you just about have to bring a 2nd vehicle or drive the RV everywhere. In a wheeling situation that's fine, but we camp a lot more than I wheel.

The Sub is close enough to a van for me. A full (or queen?) air mattress fits perfect in the back with room for some gear in front. I have this weird thing about a 2wd tow rig, so any van I looked at would have to be a 4x4, and a decent one is $$. I would rock one daily though.

I have thought of getting a big ole van also but the wife said a pickup would better fit our needs for working on crap around the house.

ford has some full sizer vans with a psd...i've heard of guys buying them for a decent price and putting a tuner in and using it as a tow rig

Think about if you need a yard of mulch or rock...
van=pita

is_00217.jpg

1994 Dodge 3500 extended. 360 gas, auto. Got 10mpg towing?

I used it for a while til I bought my Megacab. It got the job done.

Seeing yours made me think back to the good times with mine.

mac 'vangina' gyvr
wow, that looks really similar. I never realized you rocked a purple van.

I've been pushing for an amberlamps for years, the wife won't let that fly. I could get one locally for cheap, but no go. Only reason we have a TT vs a RV is once you get to camp, you just about have to bring a 2nd vehicle or drive the RV everywhere. In a wheeling situation that's fine, but we camp a lot more than I wheel.

The Sub is close enough to a van for me. A full (or queen?) air mattress fits perfect in the back with room for some gear in front. I have this weird thing about a 2wd tow rig, so any van I looked at would have to be a 4x4, and a decent one is $$. I would rock one daily though.

I wish mine was a 4x4, I got it stuck in the driveway and busted a ujoint in the mj unsticking it the day I left for WF. It needs at the very least an lsd. If I take both seats out I can fit sheets of ply or drywall easily, I did that summer 08 while helping my parents remodel a stairwell.

- Ken "purple vans for life" Stein

van=pita

I too considered getting an E-series back in the day, because I could find a diesel van for about half of an apples-to-apples diesel truck. I opted for the truck so I'd have the option of pulling a goose if I ever wanted to. (I ignored the fact that at the time I didn't have enough driveway to even park a big trailer.)

Turned out once I had a truck I used it for all kinds of stuff, I can't imagine not having one now. You can put a bunch of crap in a cargo van but sometimes it's a lot easier to load into a pickup bed and you don't care if it's dirty.

van=pita

Shovel it in on a tarp!

Seriously though, that's when I take the MJ for a drive... :D

is_00006.jpg

mac 'ah the good ol days' gyvr

I love how they redesigned the outside from the older style Dodge vans, but didn't do much on the inside.

I too considered getting an E-series back in the day, because I could find a diesel van for about half of an apples-to-apples diesel truck. I opted for the truck so I'd have the option of pulling a goose if I ever wanted to. (I ignored the fact that at the time I didn't have enough driveway to even park a big trailer.)

Turned out once I had a truck I used it for all kinds of stuff, I can't imagine not having one now. You can put a bunch of crap in a cargo van but sometimes it's a lot easier to load into a pickup bed and you don't care if it's dirty.

Truth, but i REALLY am not looking to get into a payment book again for quite sometime. And besides i already have a 12 FT utility trailer if i need to haul mulch or rocks.

The price is the swinger for me. Just have to get the wife on board lol

Jerry Springer is looking old.

Fore 'slow morning' Wheeler.

That's a mirror not a T.V.!!!!!

I just woke up...

Bec has the Kelly show on...

I'm 'watching' cause I'm too lazy to get out of bed...

Must be nice ;)

Got gravel in the parking spot out back.

Still waiting on the Ford dealer to shit or get off the pot.

They have had the truck since tuesday and just this morning asked how to turn the tuner on...FML

mac 'i'm getting it back at 5pm no matter what' gyvr

Just scored a Mopar gas tank skid and t'case skid for the ZJ from the Jeep junkyard. I know they're not as beefy as aftermarket, but I only gave $50 for the pair.

Illiana 'stole 'em' XJ

I just woke up...

Bec has the Kelly show on...

I'm 'watching' cause I'm too lazy to get out of bed...
They make these new fangled things nowadays called "remotes"...just thought you might like to know that.

Harbor Freight...this thing is the size of a paper tablet. You won't lose it.
hfremote.gif

ford has some full sizer vans with a psd...i've heard of guys buying them for a decent price and putting a tuner in and using it as a tow rig

Old van '96 7.3 PSD, 4.10 geared

New van '06 6.0 PSD, 4.10 geared

No tuners needed. New one will tow anywhere at the speed limit, old one dropped to 45-50 in a couple spots through Colorado.

Back