• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I just got a call rom the guy that I was buying the flat bed for the toter from...this is the conversation:

him: "Hey guy, I spoke to the owner and he wants an additional $100 over what we agreed on due to scrap prices going up"

me: "WTF?, we had an agreed to price and I was making travel arrangements!"

him: "sorry buddy, but they said they would drive here from Minnesota to pick it back up if you dont pay the additioanl $100"

me: "they are f**king retards b/c they will burn $300 in fuel to come get it. We had a deal!...

him: "well, I can call them again and see...

me: "**** YOU!, You can keep it, last I checked there are dozens of flatbeds out there, and now there are a dozen and 1 b/c you can keep it. You are an ***!

for some reason he hung up on me :dunno:

Cheese "heading to Iowa this weekend in search of another one" Man

Anyone one have a general guesstimate on what a xj and maybe like a 16ft trailer weigh in at?

I plan for 7k, which is the gross weight of my trailer. I'll probably end up with 5k axles sometime.

I know the trailer weighs 2100. I'm sure I can come up with 4900 lbs of jeep and tools.

On Cheeseman's note...
We baught a new bedroom set in 2008 $3000.00 for the bed (no mattress), 2 dressers, 2 night stands. We thought we were buying some quality stuff. The plastic clips that ho;d the drawers in are breaking off and the drawers fall out now. I went to the store, they said to contact Ashley Furniture directly.
This is how it went.

[email protected]
10:05 AM (6 hours ago)
to me
Hi Sean, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. We appreciate your interest in our products! Unfortunately, the b453 collection has been discontinued and is no longer in stock nor do we have any parts available. To find a comparable item, you may do an internet search for drawer glides or slides and hundreds of options are available. You may need to do some modifications to make it work with your piece. Jessica~Ashley Internet Communications

Sean Rafferty
4:50 PM (4 minutes ago)
to CARep21
Isn't that nice, now I have a $3000.00 pile of junk. You mean to tell
me that you cant even get the plastic clips? This set is less than 5 years
old and the drawers fall onto the floor when you pull them open. My kid
has a cardboard dresser that has lasted longer than this pile of scrap
wood!
I know I will never shop at Ashley Furniture again!
Thanks for ripping me off. I wish I had gone to Crazy Joe's, at least there I would know I was buying junk!

On Cheeseman's note...
We baught a new bedroom set in 2008 $3000.00 for the bed (no mattress), 2 dressers, 2 night stands. We thought we were buying some quality stuff. The plastic clips that ho;d the drawers in are breaking off and the drawers fall out now. I went to the store, they said to contact Ashley Furniture directly.
This is how it went.

Don't like that! Just spend 700 bones on a Ashley couch and loveseat.

Two 4 day weekends in a row? Woohoo! Too bad i'm getting my mouth cut open tomorrow!

My Tahoe/trailer/jeep and gear grossed out at 12500#. 5800# on my trailer axles. 6700# on the Tahoe.

picture.php

Last edited:
I had a feeling it was a copy of uk stunt and I was right, still was funny though. The Astro was the only van I liked. I wonder what they do with all the old vehicles.

USA or UK? I have USA on the DVR that I'll probably watch later when I get done in the garage. The grinder is getting some action and the jeep is getting lighter... I have to find time to get back to the jy with the full-widths :D

Oh and mine was pretty clean 4.5 years ago, but one Fed-EX truck, one deer, one super minor incident with a Dakota, several thousand miles of highway driving and a couple thousand of wheeling in junk in the UP have made it look slightly different. Scratches and scrapes are the new "perfect paint job".

Date of purchase:

DSC04276.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the axle weights. Before I headed for Moab 18 months ago, I ran over to the local grain elevator and eyeballed the scale read-out for the CTD & trailer, all loaded down. 14,700 lbs. gross.

Got 14.3 mpg last weekend running at 65 mph, and the engine desperately needs a new set of injectors. That'll have to wait for a bit warmer weekend.

my PSD and the 25" GN empty weighs in at 13,200.....and the last load of alfalfa I ran to teh city we had a combined weight of 24,000...which is about 3K over the trailer ratings...slow and easy was the name of the game and she pulled @ 8.5mpg.

My truck and trailer are still at the dealer...waiting on them to call me...

mac 'hope I'm not getting charged by the hour' gyvr

Reserved my site for Harlan, in July.

mac 'going as a participant' gyvr

Back