• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I'm on a lift boat, we're diving a downed platform that went down in Hurricane Rita, rigging it up to be removed next month.

Internet connection not solid enough to run photobucket though apparently

Something about ordering new gears that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling................Like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

Same here. Just got the 4.10 8.8 welded up today. The 4.10 geared d30 will be in soon after the 8.8. Gotta be done by Friday:eek: Gonna be nice with a rear axle I can trust locked and the front has the Lockright.
Can't wait for the weekend!!

I'm going to 4.88's from 4.10's.

I was going to downsize and run 31's but, I'm sure I would have regreted doing that. I was tired of driving the dog so I decided to go 4.88's. That ought to wake it up a little bit.

I am happy to go to 4.10 from 3.55 with the 36" IROC's:D Got two 8.8 axles from a couple of 2000 explorers with the 4.10 gears and one has a lsd. All for $99.00. New pick and pull yard in Green Bay is nice to have.:D

Forgot to mention I found a d60 FF 4.10 gears from a Ford van for $99.00:thumbup: Now to find a d60 from a Ford.

its not warm and fuzzy til you spend 1000 bucks on a complete psc hydro steering system...

mine will be in on thursday...

mac 'ordering new m8000 winch soon' gyvr

HaleYes said:
I'm going to 4.88's from 4.10's.

I was going to downsize and run 31's but, I'm sure I would have regreted doing that. I was tired of driving the dog so I decided to go 4.88's. That ought to wake it up a little bit.

I may want those 4.10s if available.
for my 87 MJ.

I luv my 4.88s in my XJ
you'll enjoy the change Mike.

BOB

Hadn't thought about it but, I don't suppose I'll need them BOB.

Shoot me a PM if you're still interested.

lesslimited said:
Another one from the archives...
site1015.jpg

Precious.

And my Ex-XJ had to get caught up in this.

Just so you know, Phil Collins was playing in the background when this pic was taken.

HTH.

BOB said:
I may want those 4.10s if available.
for my 87 MJ.

I luv my 4.88s in my XJ
you'll enjoy the change Mike.

BOB

Bob... what's in your MJ now??? (I might finally be getting a plan on my, its only taken 6 years)

Finished axleswaps. Going from 3.55 gears to 4.10's and locked is like flipping a 180! Tested out the gears and lockers yesterday and I will never wheel unlocked again!! Oh yeah, added some more body damage with the new lockers putting me on my side:D

Jeepm@n said:
Sounds like I missed out on more fun. Have any pic's? Was this at the pipeline?

No pics, sorry. No pipeline either. Be there tomorrow. Friends log pile down the road.

my crew is pissed. Hurricane coming in, and we're still out here. several members of the dive crew live in New Orleans and the frickin gubment may contra-flow the routes in to New Orleans before they can get home to pack their stuff and prepare.

On a good note, we're almost done. On a bad note we're sitting on our asses for the next 8 hours, and we haven't located the pipeline we are here to remove.

my crew is pissed. Hurricane coming in, and we're still out here. several members of the dive crew live in New Orleans and the frickin gubment may contra-flow the routes in to New Orleans before they can get home to pack their stuff and prepare.

On a good note, we're almost done. On a bad note we're sitting on our asses for the next 8 hours, and we haven't located the pipeline we are here to remove.

Well got a litle bit done on the Jeep yesterday. Got a CB installed and bought a fire extinguisher and mounted it. After Les's little BBQ at carnage fest i decided i need one just in case :D. Now i need a better antenna for my CB

goodburbon said:

I thought I heard two days ago they were evacuating rigs.

Good luck dude, be safe.

I'm back on land. Tying down anything that has the potential to fly, This one looks like it is gonna hurt. I'm likely to be offline for several days at a minimum. We're currently living in a double wide. We'll go to my parents and hang tight there for the storm. My in laws live in New Iberia, it looks like the storm is gonna hit there and take a day to get the 30 miles from there to here. It's weird looking at everything and realizing that there is a great probability that Come monday I may not see it again. Grabbing the irreplacable stuff and running.

For reference I am just north of Lafayette, Louisiana. The gas stations are almost all out of gas, there isn't a generator or sheet of plywood to be had for a hundred miles.

Back