• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

anyone who has met me knows that i am the most non-racist person in the world. I just think they are using the government as an excuse to clean up more than just the damage from Katrina

Yet again, it's shown why I hang around with my g/f.

She scored tickets this morning for ZZ Top at the Orpheum Theater in Minneapolis Oct. 17. Balcony, row 6.

ChiXJeff said:
Yet again, it's shown why I hang around with my g/f.

She scored tickets this morning for ZZ Top at the Orpheum Theater in Minneapolis Oct. 17. Balcony, row 6.
No one has ever questioned why you hang with her.

It's vice versa no one can figure out :D

Roxtar said:
No one has ever questioned why you hang with her.

It's vice versa no one can figure out :D
:D I've been saying that for a long time!

The XJ has been promoted to DD status; I sold my Expedition last night. This XJ hasn't been driven as a DD for several years, may be interesting to see if any issues come up.

IllianaXJ said:
The XJ has been promoted to DD status; I sold my Expedition last night. This XJ hasn't been driven as a DD for several years, may be interesting to see if any issues come up.
\
you have a well built rig i don't see you having any problems :D

I was using my XJ as a DD until last week when the transmission quit shifting right, the air conditioning went out and the check engine light came on. Found out it was all because of one fuse I put in the wrong place.

I had to upgrade to CO2 because I was running out of Nitrogen in the tank I use for OBA twice a month from using it so much at work.

Isn't that why most of us bought our XJs to begin with? They make great double duty rigs.

Prepmech said:
I was using my XJ as a DD until last week when the transmission quit shifting right, the air conditioning went out and the check engine light came on. Found out it was all because of one fuse I put in the wrong place.

I had to upgrade to CO2 because I was running out of Nitrogen in the tank I use for OBA twice a month from using it so much at work.

Isn't that why most of us bought our XJs to begin with? They make great double duty rigs.

Yes sir! :D

Reminds me... I need to refill my CO2 tank and my fire extinguisher.

I'm in no hurry to get another vehicle, the cash from the Ford will go into savings until my buddy decides to sell his S-10 Blazer. Either that or I will impulse buy something else :D

I did have to order jam nuts for the draglink TREs today, figured I better get it all done up right since the kiddos will be in it occasionally.

BOB said:
I may want those 4.10s if available.
for my 87 MJ.

I luv my 4.88s in my XJ
you'll enjoy the change Mike.

BOB

Mike, I am going to have to pass on the 4.10's too many projects.
thanks...bump

BOB

IllianaXJ said:
Reminds me... I need to refill my CO2 tank and my fire extinguisher.

I'm in no hurry to get another vehicle, the cash from the Ford will go into savings until my buddy decides to sell his S-10 Blazer. Either that or I will impulse buy something else :D

I did have to order jam nuts for the draglink TREs today, figured I better get it all done up right since the kiddos will be in it occasionally.

Got me a fire extinguisher after Les' Jeep went up in flames :D you can never be too prepared

Found my steering clunk; the framerail -> front crossmember spot welds broke right by the steering box. Put a solid bead across it, should hold up now. A steering brace will be coming shortly, I think the trackbar brace took the flex out, and the spot welds were the next weak spot.

got a case of the DW today...
i'll be looking over the front end tomorrow

BOB

goodburbon said:
The cause will normally be found under the front end, might want to check there too.:wave:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

BOB

Kinda said farewell to summer today, I took what will probably be the last camping trip with a summer bag, so now the mummy bag will get thrown in the Jeep. And did some wheeling on the pipeline (thanks for the directions, Kim), in WI, it is very very dry out there. It was a good time

Last edited:
So I let two buddies and their wives borrow the megacab for the weekend to run down to the badlands on a test run on the buggies for the upcoming XRRA finals, towing one of the goosenecks with two buggies. They were going to shove 4 peps in an extended cab...and I'm a nice guy...

They get back Sunday and the exhaust brake isn't working and there is a noisey accessory on the motor.

A short diagnosis later and its the vaccuum pump that makes the exhaust brake work...the exhaust brake is a dealer installed factory option for the automatic transmission...(joint venture btw jacobs and cummins).

Called the dodge dealer...the pump is $636...my jobber price.

Called the cummins dealer...the pump is $187 and will be here tommorrow.

With a 700 mile tow in two weeks to jellico for the national XRRA finals and a 3500 mile tow to moab in less than four weeks...I'm glad the pump went out when it did!

Any my buddy who has the 00 7.3 f350 extended cab says my truck drives/brakes/handles much better than his with the gooseneck and two jeeps!

mac 'finally bought the right vehicle to do the job' gyvr

Back