• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Saw one of the first bumpers I ever sold, parked at REI on Halsted, this Sunday.
It was Paula's old red XJ. I drove past, did a double take, and went, "Hey, that's my bumper!"

Truck is now on 35s with bushwackers. Looks very clean, almost unwheeled.
Anyone here now own it?

I figured out that you can install a transmission mount backwards and then install the cross member backwards...the drivetrain is then offset to the drivers side about 1 to 2 inches resulting in the driveshaft hitting the seatbelt bolt...

only been like that for a year and just figured it out with new motor mounts...

mac 'motor doesn't want to eat the electric fan anymore either' gyvr

NUTS!!!!! Just blew a lower radiator hose eastbound out of Pagosa Springs, CO. Might be able to get it fixed yet today.

Wow, you're only about 200 miles from me as the crow flies. Heading up 25 or out toward Kansas before swinging north?

It'll be fixed in the morning (hoping it is just the hose and not the radiator itself.) Heading for ColoSprings to see my sister before heading north east & home. You talking to one of your big customers?

Nope, working on a new chip we're testing... can't say much else.

I'm up in FoCo atm.

Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to be moving pretty fast on the run through FoCo.

It'll be fixed in the morning (hoping it is just the hose and not the radiator itself.) Heading for ColoSprings to see my sister before heading north east & home. You talking to one of your big customers?
If you're going to Co Springs you really should take the scenic route from there and stop to check out Independence.
Just walk through it; can't be more than a half mile long.
That trail is just plain scary.

old and newtome
IMG_20101012_204739.jpg

both lower olds
IMG_20101012_215423.jpg

mac 'hard wheelin for the spare trail rig' gyvr

nice work.

Cheese "I cant bend my stuff because it is so shiney the rocks slide off the Armoral" Man

So today we got some much needed rain. Caused some flooding in town though. I had to push an Acura Legend out of about a foot and a half of water . He must have not seen all the cars around him throwing rooster tails :dunno: then as I was headed home I tried to hit the brakes at a stop light and all 4 tires locked up on me, thankfully I got it stopped before it slid into a busy intersection. :eek:

worked on project "Red Rocket" this evening and got the new radiator and 3 10" electric fans wired up and relayed. It was amazing that it runs considering the hack job that has been done to so much wiring. I have spent hours w/ a FSM soldering and reconecting wires. I have removed the shitty front and rear bumpers now, the damaged hatch is stripped and a replacement is ready to go on. The interior needs a good dousching but should clean up pretty good. Other then that I have the steel purchased for the new bumpers and it will be fab time before too long. Hope to have it street legal in the next week or two.

What are your plans for that thing?
street legal weekend wheeler

pretty much. Camille will drive it a few times a week to her second job due to the shorter route being alot of gravel/rock roads and I dont want her tearing up her new car. I am thinking about a future build once goldie bites the dust. It has a great rust free body and low miles. I was able to run it up and down the road last night and seems to run out fine, but definatly needs some drop brackets with it being on 6.5" lift w/ short arms.

I will have some drop brackets for sale soon. Would you like me to hold onto them for ya? Rough Country is the brand.

Kim, pM me what you are wanting out of them. I have a new set located for cheap, but who knows, yours may be cheaper?? :D

I can do a search and I've asked before...but I wanna know...

where are you folks mounting your cb antennas on your full bodied xjs and not knocking them off or breaking them.

i need to get a proven mount together for my baby jeep, i also need to install a ham (shortwave? whatever we are using for our race radios) antenna on it but I think I just might do that one in magnetic form for portability for now.

mac 'getting KOH preps started early' gyvr

I have mine mounted just above my passenger side tail light. I got some 1/8" thick angle iron and welded it to the quarter panel (on the part that is covered by the hatch while it's closed) right above the light, then drilled a hole in it for the antenna. If I cared about the jeep at all I would have used screws instead of welding it.

If I did it again, I would cut an opening just big enough for the base of the antenna and the spring in the hatch and mount it entirely between the hatch and the body of the XJ. That way cutting it too close to a tree wouldn't bend the mount (I've already had to bend it back a couple times.)

I have mine mounted just above my passenger side tail light. I got some 1/8" thick angle iron and welded it to the quarter panel (on the part that is covered by the hatch while it's closed) right above the light, then drilled a hole in it for the antenna. If I cared about the jeep at all I would have used screws instead of welding it.

If I did it again, I would cut an opening just big enough for the base of the antenna and the spring in the hatch and mount it entirely between the hatch and the body of the XJ. That way cutting it too close to a tree wouldn't bend the mount (I've already had to bend it back a couple times.)

got a pic?

mac 'thinks visual' gyvr

sadly nope :( the cooler way is still in my head, and I am thousands of miles from my jeep.

Back