• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I drink coffee everyday of the week. The weekend is an occasional thing. Breakfast at work is coffee from 7:30-9:30, milk & something different everyday not always a breakfast item then back to coffee around 10 till I finish that cup.

Grandpa: I'm done.
John Gustafson: Pop, I really wish you'd try the low fat bacon...
Grandpa: Well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first!

My personal favorite!!

Grandpa: What the... what the hell is this?
John: That's lite beer.
Grandpa: Gee, I weigh ninety goddamn pounds, and you bring me this sloppin' foam?
John: Ariel's got me on a diet because the doc said my cholestorol's a little too high.
Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here. Ha! And they keep dyin'. You know? Sometimes I wonder if God forgot about me. Just goes to show you, huh?
John: What?
Grandpa: Huh?
John: Goes to show you what?
Grandpa: Well it just goes... what the hell are you talkin' about?
John: Well you said you drink beer, you eat bacon and you smoke cigarettes, and you outlive most of the experts.
Grandpa: Yeah?
John: I thought maybe there was a moral.
Grandpa: No, there ain't no moral. I just like that story. That's all. Like that story.

<chuckle> Good on ya, Granddad! And light beer should be subtitled "making love in a canoe."

For a whole lotta years, Dad's breakfast started with 2 eggs fried in bacon grease. He was skinny as a rail, and had a cholesterol count that was so low it was almost unmeasurable.

Moral of the story...eat whatever the hell you want. Personally, I like to view food as an experience over sustainance.

right there with ya!! buffets are a place of challenge..not a place of nourishment!

I have lost 30lbs eating bacon and greasy eggs.

Staying away from soda and processed foods made a big difference. I stay away from anything white: flour, sugar, starches.

You hear stories of oldtimers eating that stuff and doing great, in most cases it seems they are just eating the same foods they have eaten all of their lives. Processed foods and fast food just never became part of their diet.

Just got out of the hospital. For those not friends on facebook, my heart monitor finally caught one of my episodes. My heart completely stopped beating for 22 seconds. I have a pacemaker now, and should be able to drive again in about a week!

:eek: Good to hear you're still with us, man.

Just got out of the hospital. For those not friends on facebook, my heart monitor finally caught one of my episodes. My heart completely stopped beating for 22 seconds. I have a pacemaker now, and should be able to drive again in about a week!

Man, that's scary stuff. Glad they got it all figured out.

Glad to here your ok man

Wow, glad to hear it's finally getting straightened out!

Welcome back Travis!

did they ever determine what is causing the interupted heart beat.:dunno:

BOB

My opinion you've got to die from something. Eating too much good food is as good as anything, if that's what kills me in the end I'll consider it a good life

Last edited:

Holy crap Travis, Glad you're doing ok. Does that mean you're coming to the trail clean up? We need someone to test how deep the mudhole is now! :D

Back