• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Camille has been using the XJ w/ a receiver rack to run temporary fence around parts of the farm....there is just something sexy about a hard workin gal that is sweaty and driving a built XJ :D

I drove the baby jeep yesterday for a bit...I don't know how Grace is putting up with it...the floor gets really warm driving it, and its got an annoying wobble at 50mph, the jeep, not the floor...amoung a few other things...

mac 'never thought I might put carpet back in it' gyvr

I drove the baby jeep yesterday for a bit...I don't know how Grace is putting up with it...the floor gets really warm driving it, and its got an annoying wobble at 50mph, the jeep, not the floor...amoung a few other things...

mac 'never thought I might put carpet back in it' gyvr

Hey, its not like you are driving it everyday. If she doesnt say anything then let it be...lol

got the chevy all up on jackstands and the rear brakes done (still needs bled) only to find out that the front calipers are held on by giant torx bolts..... great now im sittin and waiting for the lady to give me a ride to the parts store because i dont want to put it together and take it all apart twice

Tow rig was getting a little warmer than I'd prefer while pulling a trailer, so I pulled the radiator out today. It was packed so full with debris I can't see how it was cooling without a trailer, let alone with one. Flushed it all out, and went ahead and replaced the water pump while I was in there with a WP from a 97+ 6.5; supposed to flow better.

Should be plenty cool now...

Tow rig was getting a little warmer than I'd prefer while pulling a trailer, so I pulled the radiator out today. It was packed so full with debris I can't see how it was cooling without a trailer, let alone with one. Flushed it all out, and went ahead and replaced the water pump while I was in there with a WP from a 97+ 6.5; supposed to flow better.

my junk was the same way when i pulled the thermostat t change it.... it was so gunked up i had no idea how it had worked before, also the fan clucth was so wore out i didnt know how it cooled at idle as well

STOP!!!! Colaberate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new addition....

i replaced my fan clutch on my MJ, what a difference that made.
it was always just a little hotter than I'd like it.

BOB

STOP!!!! Colaberate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new addition....

Will it ever stop yo, I don't know. turns out the lights and I'll glow.

Bugger. Knew there was something bugging me about that trailer. All of the tie-down points are on the sides, none fore or aft. Time to add a few D-rings at the end crossmembers.
And, this project is done. 12" long, 2" angle iron sistered onto the next to the end crossmembers for backing plates for 4 new D-rings. The D-rings are bolted down through the crossmember, and the angle iron. The angle iron also sits under 3 deckboards, not just one, and it's only about 4" from the end lip over the deck boards. I don't think these anchors are going anywhere.

my junk was the same way when i pulled the thermostat t change it.... it was so gunked up i had no idea how it had worked before, also the fan clucth was so wore out i didnt know how it cooled at idle as well

all that extra fuel kept it running cool.

And, this project is done. 12" long, 2" angle iron sistered onto the next to the end crossmembers for backing plates for 4 new D-rings. The D-rings are bolted down through the crossmember, and the angle iron. The angle iron also sits under 3 deckboards, not just one, and it's only about 4" from the end lip over the deck boards. I don't think these anchors are going anywhere.

I totally understand where our coming from on this one Jeff, I had a skid steer come off a trailer once while I was running about 55mph and it was due to faulty anchors from the factory. Everything that we have that hauls heavy equipment has mass overkill on the anchoring systems now. I view it as I have insurance on my equipment and can get it replaced if it came off a trailer, but I can not replace a life if one is taken due to me losing a load at any cost.

Cheese "you'll shit yourself when you see a Bobcat doing flips in the median" Man

What, me, paranoid? Gotta run, the black helicopters are on the horizon.

I bolted these anchors down. For starters, I didn't really want to weld on a brand new trailer. I'd have to pull up the deck boards to repaint the inside of the end C-channels, and frankly, until I get more practice with my MIG welder, I'm not quite willing to trust my welding skills on anchors. I'd have much less concern with a stick welder, but that's also what I learned with.

I'm also making a 600 mile run this weekend on the back roads, just to burn everything in. I'd rather find out now, with the time to fix stuff, rather than October on the way out to Moab.

a bobcat doing flips in the median... yeah that's on my list of things I definitely don't want to see, especially right before I die.

'tis an interesting mental image, isn't it?

I watched an idiot in a Chevy pickup several years ago, on the way out of Chicago on the Eisenhower expressway. He headed for an off-ramp, decided he didn't want to go there after all, went all the way to the median on 2 wheels, and ended up facing backwards, buried in the snow in the median. That's the closest I've ever been to a rollover incident on the highway, and I hope I never get closer.

Back