• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Just buy it Tyler. You know you wanna! :)

my neighbor has a 97 or 98 (I cant remember) XJ Country that has very light cosmetic damage and a dirty interior. 3" lift w/ half tread mud tires and he said he would let it go for $2000. I am really thinking this ould be a good "extra" vehicle around the farm. Has some little problems etc, but it runs and drives.......and teh AC works but needs the vac ball replaced...tempting..

poor poor farmers........:D

<sigh>

Just got the word tonight that a good family friend has finally passed today, 3 years after having a major stroke. To my way of thinking, she died 3 years ago, her body just didn't give up. I saw her in the home in March, when I went home for Dad's funeral, and did not recognize her. I have no idea how her kids have dealt with this since her stroke.

Say hi to your folks, family friends, etc. Keep in touch.

poor poor farmers........:D

man, times are tough and it is all flooded, corn might only make 150 bu/ac this year, beans aint gonna make it, cows are strugglin, hogs look thin, grass is drying out.....now where did I put that $50,000 seed corn hat?? :farmer: :D

Oh, yea the 30 hour estimate was asking Google "how far from Lafayette to Johnson Valley"... In reality it would take me much much longer to get there. 2k in fuel... ouch. At least you've got some help with fuel costs now.

It sounds like most of your problems are related to emissions, go figure. I hate that crap for so many reasons. Seems like I have been seeing a lot of guys doing the DPF deletes lately. My buddy's dad just ditched his and went from about 11mpg to 15-16mpg around town. I know, it's not real scientific, others experiences may vary, and emissions equipment is there for a reason and should never be removed. :D Just sayin'.

Sorry you've had so many break downs... it sucks to throw down the money for quality equipment to do the job right, and still get hit with problems.

I'm researching DPF delete kits...prolly gonna do one this fall. My local dealer says that they will take care of me with warranty if there is a delete kit installed, they pretty much hate the DPF. I assume that I'll get better fuel economy, but with 4.88s I'm not expecting more than 1 or 2 mpg.

Least this last one allowed me to get home and was a free fix. We are heading to Jellico, TN this weekend and I would like a problem free trip...

mac 'last planned major trip of the year' gyvr

a guy that drops off parts at my shop came up to me and asked if it was my XJ in back, and we got to chating JEEP talking about his XJ and the JY lift he is doing (he works for a JY) i was just about to tell him to join up here for any info he will ever need about his xj when the general manager came in and started buting in the conversion, any way i had to look like i was working so i will spread the word some other time i guess hopefully he saw the NAXJA sticker on mine when he was looking at it

a guy that drops off parts at my shop came up to me and asked if it was my XJ in back, and we got to chating JEEP talking about his XJ and the JY lift he is doing (he works for a JY) i was just about to tell him to join up here for any info he will ever need about his xj when the general manager came in and started buting in the conversion, any way i had to look like i was working so i will spread the word some other time i guess hopefully he saw the NAXJA sticker on mine when he was looking at it

Had a similar experience a few weeks ago. Ran into a guy at the gas station filling up his XJ. Asked him about his lift; 5.5" on stock control arm locations. I asked him if he'd considered drop brackets and he gave a short response. Asked him if he was familiar with NAXJA and he said he had heard of it. I told him to check it out, blah, blah, blah. He didn't seem too receptive. Some people just don't know what they're missing.

Here's the damage to My brothers car from my bumper. Don't mind the passenger taillight that was there when He bought it.

Oops.jpg

Looks like we are gonna find a trunk lid without a wing since he doesn't want one anyways. He drives Honda's but doesn't rice them out!

He should sell that wing to some ricer, probably get about the same amount you'll pay for the new hatch at the junkyard

He should sell that wing to some ricer, probably get about the same amount you'll pay for the new hatch at the junkyard

Good thinking! We may have to hit up a civic forum.

honda-tech.com IIRC.

gigantic honda site. Hell, might even look there for a new trunklid.

I'm registered on clubcivic, They seem to be pretty cool and not dicks because I own another type of vehicle. A guy here at work is one of the respectable Honda guys here in town. He has built some clean and very fast Hondas So I will talk to him, I'm sure he knows someone.

just mounted a tire with

A) bottle of shampoo
B) butter knife
C) a pickle fork

it was going to be just the butter knife but it couldnt pull the last little bit over ;)

just mounted a tire with

A) bottle of shampoo
B) butter knife
C) a pickle fork

it was going to be just the butter knife but it couldnt pull the last little bit over ;)

DOUGIE DOUG DOUG DOUGYVER! :D

just mounted a tire with

A) bottle of shampoo
B) butter knife
C) a pickle fork

awesome!

Best I've ever done was fixing a flat on my bike tire with a quarter, my swiss army knife, and a dime sized piece of aluminum HVAC tape. A quarter and a flat-blade screwdriver make fairly decent tire irons for road bike tires... and the HVAC tape actually held long enough to get me home (5 miles) since I sorta burnished it with my thumb to make sure there were no wrinkles before applying it.

Some may know im a parts biotch for ford

one of the tecs just asked me how mutch for the rear shoes on a 08 escape.....

i typed in the basic part # up poped a question.......

so i asked what i read with out thinking.......

" you got disk or drums in the rear".......

facepalmed i said that was the stupidest thing i said all week.....

his reply

its a legit question some of them came with rear discs....

i laughed pretty hard....

So you can get shoes for the some that came with rear discs? I have got to see these...although, if they're drum in hat, then yeah, you can get shoes for rear discs.

Cindy's jeep has been making a rattling, scraping sound since July fourth when I floored it on I-80 to get away from a couple of erratic drivers. Briefly hit 100 mph, but then the AC stopped working and we smelled something burning. After we exited I-80 the AC was working again so, being busy with my basement job and Cindy working almost every night, I just got a chance to check it out today. Looks like I totally fried the bearing on the AC compressor clutch. As loose as it is, it's amazing that the AC still works. I pulled the pulley/bearing assembly off a spare compressor I had in the garage, hopefully tomorrow I can swap them out. Cindy will not be happy if her AC stops working in this weather.

Back