• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

put crap all over the battery and have him work with it..when he says "this battery smells like crap" smile and say "it should, it has crap all over it" :D

put crap all over the battery and have him work with it..when he says "this battery smells like crap" smile and say "it should, it has crap all over it" :D

:roflmao: Cheeseman FTW! That brings the funnay!

Tried taking the boy out fishing today. My motor on the boat decided to blow a head gasket, now to find out how much to fix it. (n)
boats... holes in the water you throw money into.

not that I can really talk about money pits...

boats... holes in the water you throw money into.

not that I can really talk about money pits...

Hasn't been a money pit yet, until now. I paid $300.00 for the boat which is a 1976 Crestliner Muskie 550 tri hull with a 65hp Evenrude. Hasn't let me down till now. Bad head gasket shouldn't be too bad. We will find out in a few days.

It does sound like KOH is one of those things you gotta see if you have any interest at all in off road racing (and I do). I would love to get out there... the biggest turn off is the 30 hour trip. It's a lot of fuel to get out there too, but I won't complain much since macgyvr has us all beat in the fuel cost department.

30 hours...you must never stop for anything...we are already planning two days to get out there...36 to 48 hours...

my truck alone is probably gonna burn through 2k in fuel round trip at current diesel prices...4200 miles roundtrip

and speaking of the ol f450...

its fixed again at the dealer...lost a sensor in the exhaust on the way home from Missouri last weekend...put us in limp mode for parts of the trip...got it home...added an hour to our trip...covered under emissions warranty so no cost to me...

mac 'hope everything is good to go for a while' gyvr

Hasn't been a money pit yet, until now. I paid $300.00 for the boat which is a 1976 Crestliner Muskie 550 tri hull with a 65hp Evenrude. Hasn't let me down till now. Bad head gasket shouldn't be too bad. We will find out in a few days.

those old 2 strokes are easy to work on, it shouldnt be too big of an operation... i used to work on em for living, and yes its true the two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day you buy it and the day you sell it ;)

I got a protein shot in the butt this morning and prednisone for 4 days...mine is about 1/2 as bad as your looked. They said the prednisone would make me wired for a few days and little or no sleep..I said "Great, can I get a refill?" :D

FIXT!

TOO FUNNY!

wish I was there to see that!

BOB

30 hours...you must never stop for anything...we are already planning two days to get out there...36 to 48 hours...

my truck alone is probably gonna burn through 2k in fuel round trip at current diesel prices...4200 miles roundtrip

and speaking of the ol f450...

its fixed again at the dealer...lost a sensor in the exhaust on the way home from Missouri last weekend...put us in limp mode for parts of the trip...got it home...added an hour to our trip...covered under emissions warranty so no cost to me...

mac 'hope everything is good to go for a while' gyvr

Oh, yea the 30 hour estimate was asking Google "how far from Lafayette to Johnson Valley"... In reality it would take me much much longer to get there. 2k in fuel... ouch. At least you've got some help with fuel costs now.

It sounds like most of your problems are related to emissions, go figure. I hate that crap for so many reasons. Seems like I have been seeing a lot of guys doing the DPF deletes lately. My buddy's dad just ditched his and went from about 11mpg to 15-16mpg around town. I know, it's not real scientific, others experiences may vary, and emissions equipment is there for a reason and should never be removed. :D Just sayin'.

Sorry you've had so many break downs... it sucks to throw down the money for quality equipment to do the job right, and still get hit with problems.

Had the ivy a few times. I have a huge patch of poison oak on my back hill. Just never burn the stuff. I was going to cut it up before it leafed and throw it in the wood boiler. That could have been fatal. Good thing I read on how to dispose of it. They say the smoke is like touching it to your lungs and could kill you. Was always wondering why our wilderness fire training had us wear a mask.

Sorry to hear about your boat Kim.

we had a Scout use dry poison ivy as kindling one year at camp. He sent himself and 2 others to the hospital.

Hahahaha, Front bumper 1, brothers Honda 0. Dingleberry backed right into it a few minutes ago. What a tard! :roflmao:

I'm glad I'm not a bumper at your house...

:gag:

Robert
Dude, tell me about it! I will post up pics of the Honda later. he's good at backing into Stuff this is the third thing I know of he has backed into. The sad thing is that nothing ever happens when I have stock bumpers, as soon as I bolt on new bumpers it starts. Mercedes, mercury, Honda, Chevy truck, and BMW bike. Holy shizz, that's a lot of vehicles that have hit my jeeps!

Bought a angle grinder on my lunch break

fender trimming will be when i get some free time

the 30" tires are wearing down and gonna bump it up a inch or 3

my neighbor has a 97 or 98 (I cant remember) XJ Country that has very light cosmetic damage and a dirty interior. 3" lift w/ half tread mud tires and he said he would let it go for $2000. I am really thinking this ould be a good "extra" vehicle around the farm. Has some little problems etc, but it runs and drives.......and teh AC works but needs the vac ball replaced...tempting..

Back