• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So, if I sell it, you guys are going to give me the boot?
I don't have to have a jeep to be part of the "brotherhood" do I?
:D

You have a Jeep?! Personally, Mike, I can see what you're talking about. You're ultimately gonna do what you're gonna do. I can tell you though, I think Rev has a point. You drop the ride, slowly stop attending events...then the inevitable. It was cool as a cucumber hanging with you Friday night at WF. I'd miss you. Especially since I'm just starting to like you...a little.

I never get tired of the cherokee, just get bored when there is nothing to do to it.

Its time to step up and take it to the next level.

I guess...build slowly?

I guess...build slowly?

I got to the point where I lost the inchitis, my rig did everything I wanted it to. I become bored with it, I wanted something I could work on, or something I could enjoy. It was hard to get excited about making any changes because the next step was more like a giant leap.

Last time this happened I took some time to figure out exactly what I wanted. I started making a list of what I wanted to do. Motorcycles are nice, but that wasn't something I could enjoy with my son. For me, the jeep was the only thing that could do it all.

In the end, the price is what always turns me around. Figure out what you have in your jeep and how much it is worth to you, then look at what they are selling for. It is not worth nearly as much to someone else as it is to you.

My jeep has been doing a lot of sitting lately, compared to the once a month trips Ho-bag and I used to try to make (hope to get back to that sooner than later). But - I don't think I could ever sell it.

Putting aside all the money and time I have into it (10 years worth), this hobby combines a lot of things I like to do other than wheel...camp, sit around fires (and drink), work on stuff, take trips to new areas in the middle of nowhere...all with friends. Challenging climbs and rock sections also keep me hooked and always thinking of ways to build a better rig.

It takes commitment ($ and time) to get to good places to wheel. I agree that building a rig to use once or twice a year might be crazy. Keeping one you already have is less crazy. Especially if it is the prettiest XJ in the MWC.

I bet getting out to new and different wheeling spots would light your fire. Pushing the limits of the jeep might do the trick also.

I was going to sell the Jeep. It hadn't moved since Moab. I dumpd a ton of cash into it to make it run and go to WF.
Now that's it's running and driving again we'll be keeping it, hell, I may even finish the bed.

Last summer I wanted to get out every 2 weeks and wheel, it ended up being twice during the whole summer. This year I've already got 4 trips down and things are looking strong for the summer. Of course my Jeep is still new to me so that helps motivate me quite a bit.

Finally scheduled my defense for grad school... 4 years of bitching and moaning about not wanting to do it and I'm finally close to being done with this damn place (Purdue). Of course now I'm looking into welding courses at the local Ivy Tech campus, probably time I learn something I can actually use...

Boo you said Mustang. You should become red with all that money you save on gas! :D

I would but im saving the gas moneys to pay the bills, not driving the jeep keeps the lights on :D

wanted to go red in this month but with 6 days left i don't know (n)

taking donations :D BMCC foundation

My XJ has gone from a DD to it's only street driven if I can't help it. It needs so many little things and I can't afford to fix it. And to top that off I'm part of a off-road park that is just over 1hr away from me. I've got to wheel 2 times last year. I still have no desire to sell it. I love the sport and the good times it brings. Even when I'm not in my rig but sitting at the park office watching people hit the trail. If I sold it I would be at a loss and don't know what I would do.

Parakeet

Pushing the limits of the jeep might do the trick also.

I'm thinking there may be some truth to this............

My XJ has gone from a DD to it's only street driven if I can't help it. It needs so many little things and I can't afford to fix it. And to top that off I'm part of a off-road park that is just over 1hr away from me. I've got to wheel 2 times last year. I still have no desire to sell it. I love the sport and the good times it brings. Even when I'm not in my rig but sitting at the park office watching people hit the trail. If I sold it I would be at a loss and don't know what I would do.

Parakeet

Are you sure you're not me? That's my situation to a T.

Are you sure you're not me? That's my situation to a T.

Not unless your a broke stay at home dad. When I first got bitten by the jeep bug, me and my KJ were at KS Rocks about every 2 to 3 weekends. I wheeled the piss out of it. Then I joined the BOD for KS Rocks thinking it would give me more chances to wheel but financial changes did that in. Now I have to make the choice of working the park or wheeling at the park. Or the choice to buy tools to work on the jeep or buy parts for the jeep and take them to my buddys shop and use his tools.

But with that being said I love being part of it.

Parakeet

The broke part is right, but I don't stay at home. I joined the Redbird BOD 3? years ago for the same reason. My XJ saw trails both there and Badlands at least a dozen times a year. Then I decided to go back to school, and that coupled with a large pay cut pretty much killed the wheeling/working on the Jeep.

We're getting back into the swing of things Jeep related, it helps my wife likes to ride shotgun on wheeling trips. Hard part now is getting someone to watch our 3 kids for the day/weekend.

I'd have enough money to get me down there and that's it.........they'd be stuck with me.:D

I got to the point where I lost the inchitis, my rig did everything I wanted it to. I become bored with it, I wanted something I could work on, or something I could enjoy. It was hard to get excited about making any changes because the next step was more like a giant leap.

Last time this happened I took some time to figure out exactly what I wanted. I started making a list of what I wanted to do. Motorcycles are nice, but that wasn't something I could enjoy with my son. For me, the jeep was the only thing that could do it all.

Then body panels and common sense start migrating their way into the scrap heap...

I went through the same dilemma about a couple months ago. I decided to part out my cherokee since I wasn't having much fun anymore, always building, and the time the wheel became scarce. Fast cars and motorcycles crossed my mind for a while, but reality set in and the fact that fast cars and motorcycles cannot be enjoyed without breaking the law or going to the track became too obvious to ignore. I decided to finish my other jeep project that had sat languishing in the corner; I hope to just take it easy now and try to enjoy the process instead of always pushing through for end result mid-way.

Back