• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Sorry for your loss, Jeff. If it's any consolation at all, I think that because of what you said earlier, a lot of us have been thinking about our parents and what the future holds. Had a couple beers with Dad this weekend based on your recommendation.

It's hard to imagine life without those who've been around longer than you. Drive safe and know that you're in all of our thoughts.

Good luck Jeff. That stuff hurts.

I can't wait until the day I can run over and have a beer with my dad instead of planning 2 vacations a year just to hang out.

Seriously thinking I may pick up a "for sale" sign.

madness I tell ya, just pure madness!! :D anymore crazy talk like that out of you Mr. Hale and I will cut off your cheese privilages! :D

I just don't have the fire for it anymore and all it does is set behind the house. I'm sure I'd still hang out here so, don't get your hopes up. Sean and I could start our own club.:D "North American Former XJ Owners Assn." NAFXJOA I could roll what ever I get out of it into another interest.

Just sayn'.......

I think Mike is just wanting to sell it so he can buy a pony....and maybe a dog ;)

I think Mike is just wanting to sell it so he can buy a pony....and maybe a dog ;)
I'm tired of the farm animal thing too.......
I'm ready to move on to the circus.

We all know he like the donkies.

Better stay out of Juarez for a while though Mike, Its pretty dangerous right now!

just sayin'...............:D

I'm tired of the farm animal thing too.......
I'm ready to move on to the circus.

its the same way with circus animals too, but they get to wear the cool little outfits unlike the farm animals.... :farmer: if is really funny if you can get the monkies to wear the elephants pants......or vice versa....:dunno:

5 years is about the average time around here I suppose.

I've been here 10...

There have been times when it has set for over a year...

but for some reason I keep coming back to it...

then i built a second...

its cheap to let them sit around...

If I didn't have them I'd have a lot more money...well maybe...instead of buying a big garage, I would've bought a bigger house...my priorites are still in check...

mac 'ready for a buggy' gyvr

I've been here 10...

There have been times when it has set for over a year...

but for some reason I keep coming back to it...

then i built a second...

its cheap to let them sit around...

If I didn't have them I'd have a lot more money...well maybe...instead of buying a big garage, I would've bought a bigger house...my priorites are still in check...

mac 'ready for a buggy' gyvr

Even a lot of people who were the "leadership" when I first started logging in are black and not participating.

Some folks are still here, some folks aren't. It seems to me that it usually takes someone the time it takes to build a rig to either do it forever or move on.

Buy stock jeep - find NAXJA when trying to fix it - start to modify it - wheel it - make it bigger/better - wheel it some more - build it till the stuff you used to do isn't fun anymore - get bored with it - have kids, etc - sell it and find something else to do

I just don't have the fire for it anymore and all it does is set behind the house. I'm sure I'd still hang out here so, don't get your hopes up. Sean and I could start our own club.:D "North American Former XJ Owners Assn." NAFXJOA I could roll what ever I get out of it into another interest.

Just sayn'.......
Mike....My XJ hasn't seen anything but a tiny little bit of street duty in at least 6 years. Haven't found the time or the money to go out and break it, but the desire *IS* there.

Been there Mike.

Trouble is there is not another hobby out there with quality of people that are here, the can be at the level you are at, without allot of money. This is one of the reason you dont see a Lotus in my driveway.

Rev

Been there Mike.

Trouble is there is not another hobby out there with quality of people that are here, the can be at the level you are at, without allot of money. This is one of the reason you dont see a Lotus in my driveway.

Rev

x2.. there are days that I look at them.. and think.. screw it sell the entire lot and buy one reliable blue oval truck and go fishing.. But I doubt I would find the people who do that stuff anywhere near as quality as the folks here.

Back