• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Say what you will none of the Fords I have ever had had this happen!

That doesn't look like "sheet metal" to me. Looks like a regular frame rail.

How often did the owner blow the salt off or wash the truck? That damage was done by corrosion.

It might not be the strongest application, but I don't think I'd criticize an entire truck brand for a corrosion related failure.

it looks like just surface rust to me. The metal broke cleanly, any rust failures I've see the metal flaked around the tear.
Of course, that's not to say it still wasn't caused by loose bolts causing repeated metal fatigue. Or he grossly overloaded it a few times previous that caused metal fatigue.
either way, it sucks, and I hope your neighbor knows how shitty your welding is before he loads up the trailer :illegalflipoff:

I have a ford :kissyou:

Dodges are aesthetically pleasing, but I'm not impressed with their quality.

I can see how the newer designs appeal to a lot of people, I just think the front ends are way oversized compared to the rest of the truck. It's just obnoxious. I guess Ford did the big grille thing too, but the Dodges are just a little over the top.

As long as we're on truck problems... after I got new tires put on my F250 last week (correct size, correct load range), I can't seem to keep my truck centered for anything. Went through hell to get an alignment done and it's no better, maybe even worse. It starts to go off-center and it seems like I'm always over-correcting. Wondering now if the most likely culprit is the steering box?

I just want one vehicle without problems...

Just got a call from the wifey that our neighbor who brakes horses got kicked in the head/face by one of the horses. He was taken to Columbia (MO, they have the University hospital there, good treatment) due to the injuries and one of the paramedics said it looked as if he was hit in the face w/ an axe. My guess is that the horse has shoes installed....bad deal for a young dad, and I am assuming that they have no insurance as most small farmers dont. I hate hearing about this stuff, especially when it is close to home.

I can see how the newer designs appeal to a lot of people, I just think the front ends are way oversized compared to the rest of the truck. It's just obnoxious. I guess Ford did the big grille thing too, but the Dodges are just a little over the top.

As long as we're on truck problems... after I got new tires put on my F250 last week (correct size, correct load range), I can't seem to keep my truck centered for anything. Went through hell to get an alignment done and it's no better, maybe even worse. It starts to go off-center and it seems like I'm always over-correcting. Wondering now if the most likely culprit is the steering box?

I just want one vehicle without problems...

Hey Brad, not sure if this will relate to your problems, but we once put new tires on our F250 farm truck and it drove like crazy hell. Ended up that we had been running 10 ply tires on it and the tire shop put on either 4 or 6 ply light truck tires and they were all over the place. We had it aligned, rebalanced, everything we could replace as far as bushings etc...ended up being the tires. We put on a new set of 10 plys and everythng went back to normal??? :dunno:

Hey Brad, not sure if this will relate to your problems, but we once put new tires on our F250 farm truck and it drove like crazy hell. Ended up that we had been running 10 ply tires on it and the tire shop put on either 4 or 6 ply light truck tires and they were all over the place. We had it aligned, rebalanced, everything we could replace as far as bushings etc...ended up being the tires. We put on a new set of 10 plys and everythng went back to normal??? :dunno:

Hmmm they assured me they would be E range (10 ply) and I've always trusted Discount Tire so I didn't bother to check. I will go do that now... any solution I don't have to pay for would be a good one.

That's what I was going to say.

Sorry to hear about the horse guy Tyler, we'll keep him and the family in prayer.

Just got a call from the wifey that our neighbor who brakes horses got kicked in the head/face by one of the horses. He was taken to Columbia (MO, they have the University hospital there, good treatment) due to the injuries and one of the paramedics said it looked as if he was hit in the face w/ an axe. My guess is that the horse has shoes installed....bad deal for a young dad, and I am assuming that they have no insurance as most small farmers dont. I hate hearing about this stuff, especially when it is close to home.
Ouch (no pun intended.) I've been kicked by beef cattle, but never in a sensitive area, or around the head. I wouldn't even want to think about that world of hurt.

Ouch is right... can't even imagine that kind of hurt.

Hopefully it turns out that he does have insurance, I don't see that bill being cheap (or any hospital bill for that matter).

No dice on the tires, they are load range E (10-ply). I'll put the rest of my work day to use and do some Internet research.

Spoke with the guys wife at lunch and he has a broken cheek bone, nose and jaw. Severe facial lacerations and lots of swelling. They do not have insurance b/c she lost her job a while back and is currently working odd jobbs just to make ends meet. He is a farmer/cattleman, so he did not have insurace due to the cost (as 90% + of farmers dont). Hindsight is always 20/20 when dealing with insurance, and they will be paying thousands in medical bills now. One nice thing about small communities is that we will all pull together and have a benefit or two for them to help offset a little of the cost. Bum deal that it happened, but at least he is still alive. :thumbup:

Tyler speaks the truth. Most small farmers just can't afford health insurance.

Realistically, it sounds like he got lucky. Yeah, several broken bones, but given how hard that hoof swings, I can easily see that it could have been life-ending.

They are getting closer to calling me back at work. They called back 46 in February and just announced that they'll be calling back 25 more on April 1st. Got about 50 to go before I am back at work.

Spoke with the guys wife at lunch and he has a broken cheek bone, nose and jaw. Severe facial lacerations and lots of swelling. They do not have insurance b/c she lost her job a while back and is currently working odd jobbs just to make ends meet. He is a farmer/cattleman, so he did not have insurace due to the cost (as 90% + of farmers dont). Hindsight is always 20/20 when dealing with insurance, and they will be paying thousands in medical bills now. One nice thing about small communities is that we will all pull together and have a benefit or two for them to help offset a little of the cost. Bum deal that it happened, but at least he is still alive. :thumbup:

That sucks tyler. let use know if there is anything we can do. Maybe hold a NAXJA Meet and Greet / wheeling / bacon explosion fundraiser ;) Or whatever.

Sounds like a Pig Gig sorta activity to me.....

Back