• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Girlfriend got me a 32in HD tv for the garage...

mac 'i think she wants a ring' gyvr

dad got me a 4in clevis and a hitch for the back of my jeep.

the GF got me a sweater and a bar of chocolate.

.....i got her some expensive jewelry.

lol, she`s still a keeper though.

Then she gave me birthday money for the upper today. can't wait to shoot it.

Wow anything to get you out of the house! Smart Woman! :D

My sister in law called me tonight asking if I had a tow strap (she's blonde) because someone in front of her was broken down and a cop was getting ready to have to car towed because it was blocking traffic. it was only a few blocks away so I hop in the jeep and get there and it's a family of 4 (granny, a teen, and younger husband and wife) they were on the way home from church and thier car broke down right after an intersection up a small icy hill. I hook up the jeep to a crossmember and drag the dead car to the next parking lot. We got them unhook and they tried to hand me a few ones folded together. The car looked like it was on it's last leg and thier sunday best was more of the sunday best of what we got.

I handed them back the cash and offered to give them a ride to my house so they could sit and wait for a ride in the warmth but they refused. My SIL managed to talk them into at least waiting in their truck untill the ride showed up. I really feel bad and wish I could do more for them, they seemed like good people.

The teen walks up too me while I'm putting my strap up and tells me how much he likes my jeep and this convinced him that he's getting one when he gets a car. That right there was worth getting out and helping them.

And to top it off last night I was leaving for my parents and they never plowed the side streets and the end of the street had about a 3 foot drift. A 2wd truck I see in the neighborhood a lot was stuck in it.

I tried pushing him out for about 15 mins. The whole time a guy in a full size truck was waiting in the turn lane watching me try and push the stuck truck back out onto the main road. 15 mins he sat there and watched me. Never even rolled the window down to see if I would like help. I hope that douche got stuck somewhere and had to walk home....

Parakeet

Just watched DISTRICT 9 . Great movie can't wait for the sequel...

I'm guessing they call it DISTRICT 10.:D

Nick

Go Bengals!!WHO-DEY!!!

I saw it a while back, one of the best I've seen. I'm a sucker for sci-fi movies but that one stuck with me a while. Good flick even though a lot of people don't see it that way.

And yes the director is planning on a sequel I believe :D

Good Christmas with the family, got a GPS which should save me from looking at Google Maps on the cell and almost causing accidents on the highway.

Mac, nothing says "go ahead and spend time in the garage" like a woman buying you a garage TV. If you think that'll keep up after marriage, I'd say go for it.

I tried pushing him out for about 15 mins. The whole time a guy in a full size truck was waiting in the turn lane watching me try and push the stuck truck back out onto the main road. 15 mins he sat there and watched me. Never even rolled the window down to see if I would like help. I hope that douche got stuck somewhere and had to walk home....

Parakeet

"Full size guys" seem to be d-bags, all too often. It's one thing if he had somewhere to go and couldn't stop, pretty bad to just sit there and watch though. Did you get the 2wd guy unstuck?

I got some money that was specifically earmarked for "do what you want" I think I'd like to stay away from jeep parts for the time being. Suggestions?

I think karma happens, you might not see it, but it all evens out at some point.

No I didn't get him out. I had gone wheeling a couple weekends ago and the tow strap was still hooked to the d ring and tossed in the back with the hatch shut. With all the sleet and rain before the snow my hatch froze and I couldn't get my strap out.

About the time I was going home to get the hammer to get my hatch opened a couple kids in a full size truck pulled up and offered to hook a chain to him and pull him out. The kids walked up to the window and told him and I quote "I'll pull you out but it'll cost you $20 bucks." At that point I walked away.

I was there trying to help and a couple kids and a tow chain are asking for bad things to happen. I didn't want to be part of it if those kids hooked something up wrong and damaged the vehicle.

Parakeet

I got some money that was specifically earmarked for "do what you want" I think I'd like to stay away from jeep parts for the time being. Suggestions?

depending on how much money it is...I would probably spend it on a hooker and some pennicillin...but of course, I have not always been known for using my better judgement at times :D

No I didn't get him out. I had gone wheeling a couple weekends ago and the tow strap was still hooked to the d ring and tossed in the back with the hatch shut. With all the sleet and rain before the snow my hatch froze and I couldn't get my strap out.

About the time I was going home to get the hammer to get my hatch opened a couple kids in a full size truck pulled up and offered to hook a chain to him and pull him out. The kids walked up to the window and told him and I quote "I'll pull you out but it'll cost you $20 bucks." At that point I walked away.

I was there trying to help and a couple kids and a tow chain are asking for bad things to happen. I didn't want to be part of it if those kids hooked something up wrong and damaged the vehicle.

Parakeet

Karma... it will ALL be returned...

Is "trolling" illegal in KS???

A quick phone call to the cops, could have payed some of that Karma back...

The new zombie gun (on the bottom):

100_2608.jpg

Saiga 12 gauge
Converted to pistol grip
Tromix/Tapco trigger group
Tapco stock and pistol grip
Surefire and AGP mags, 10 and 13 rd

Just finished putting it together, but still need to add a muzzle brake.

Can't wait for pig gig!

Wife's truck was ransacked last night. Driver's door was unlocked. They went through the glovebox and console, took the kids' DVD player and all their DVDs. I got lucky, my truck was unlocked but the GPS on the windshield wasn't touched.

All vehicles will be locked from now on.

Wife's truck was ransacked last night. Driver's door was unlocked. They went through the glovebox and console, took the kids' DVD player and all their DVDs. I got lucky, my truck was unlocked but the GPS on the windshield wasn't touched.

same thing happened in my ranger when i had it.... idiots got away with the owners manual.... i wished i would have seen them just to call him an idiot and punch em in the mouth

That happened to my ranger my second year of college. I always had the doors unlocked then they broke in and ripped the cd player out and busted the crap outa my dash. Had to plastic weld the dash back together.
I no longer trust vincennes after the ranger got broke into and my apartment and i had my bike stolen second year on campus. And then my ranger got keyed.
I try not to drive it down there anymore.
All my stuff is locked now.
Didnt put a cd player in the jeep for that reason. Tape deck works just fine and no one wants it. lol
Sorry bout your stuff tho Byron.

Last edited:

Same crap happened to my truck and my friend's vehicles a couple months ago. Mostly useless crap too, a flash drive, broken CD player, stuff like that. My buddy walked out of my house and saw the kid in his car, chased him down the street and almost caught him too. Just sucks to feel like your personal space has been violated.

On the other hand, if you had valuables in plain sight and it was locked, then you have to wonder if it'd be worth breaking a window to get. Depending on the make/model, one window might cost more than all the stuff inside.

Crap weather here, little bit of snow on the roads and everyone thinks it's appropriate to drive 30mph on the highways, even if they have 4WD.

My truck was unlocked and they broke the window :wierd: they only took the stereo, and a few cd's, they left the 4D Mag light, speaker box behind the seat, and the amp that wasn't bolted down.

that little vent window was expensive!

Back