• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well, I made it back and in one piece. 580 miles, 5 states, 10 hours, 36 gallons of diesel and a lot of coffee. Pulled in at 4AM, woke up at 7 and went to work today. I'm starting to feel it now.

The truck runs great, and aside from one undisclosed area of body damage, it is everything I thought it would be. They took the GN ball out of the bed, but I don't know anybody with a GN trailer to borrow anyway. It was definitely a work truck judging from the body, but where it counts it is solid.

I'll be keeping this one :D

Thanks Mike for calling, I appreciate it.

Well, I made it back and in one piece. 580 miles, 5 states, 10 hours, 36 gallons of diesel and a lot of coffee. Pulled in at 4AM, woke up at 7 and went to work today. I'm starting to feel it now.

The truck runs great, and aside from one undisclosed area of body damage, it is everything I thought it would be. They took the GN ball out of the bed, but I don't know anybody with a GN trailer to borrow anyway. It was definitely a work truck judging from the body, but where it counts it is solid.

I'll be keeping this one :D

Thanks Mike for calling, I appreciate it.

580/36= 16mpg avg. Not too shabby Byron! That means it'll get like 14 with the jeep in tow! :D

Yeah, I was rough guessing 16-17 mpg. I was heading into the wind most of the way home also. After some exhaust and turbo tweaks it should get a little better.

Yeah, I was rough guessing 16-17 mpg. I was heading into the wind most of the way home also. After some exhaust and turbo tweaks it should get a little better.

Not sure if its the same in the 6.5 but my dad switched to synthetic in his CTD and got 2 mpg out of it! That plus exhaust and turbo tweaks oughta get you to around 20!

Didn't go through TN, but on the WV turnpike I saw elevation ranging from 500' - 3300'. I had the cruise set at 65 in 5th gear, never broke a sweat.

very nice! my favorite part of WV is that the speed limit goes up to 80 as soon as you enter the state (85 in some parts iirc). and its a decent state to look at when you drive through it.

Went to look at that ZJ earlier and He changed his mind about selling it. Oh well, Wasn't really liking the idea of an NV249 and a WELDED D35! :puke:

Went to look at that ZJ earlier and He changed his mind about selling it. Oh well, Wasn't really liking the idea of an NV249 and a WELDED D35! :puke:

Welded rear would have sucked after the first big snow. Why'd he change his mind? I'd be pissed if I went to look at a vehicle and the guy changed his mind on the spot.

Welded rear would have sucked after the first big snow. Why'd he change his mind? I'd be pissed if I went to look at a vehicle and the guy changed his mind on the spot.

He found a set of 35's that were practically brand new for 300 bucks. He actually tried to send me a message saying he'd changed his mind but i didn't check my Gmail account all day.

Getting stuff ready so I can leave at the buttcrack of dawn to get the Heep dirty. Hopefully the park is fairly dry so my worn out Toyos work. I actually get to wheel though.

A day stuck on the trail is better than a day stuck at home right???

Parakeet

I had something similar happen, I was going to buy a F250 4x4 for $2000, we had a deal made, he needed to find the title. I got an email from the guy the next day saying that he sold it to someone else.:spin1:

Today's the day!

200k.jpg

party1:

Robert

Sweet! I'll probably turn 210,000 this weekend. But cool.

Yeah, I got it at 178,000. It was a highway driver, you could tell it had never been "used". I think I could almost say I have the most miles/year here. But either way 200,000 is a testament to durability, welcome to the club!

Yeah, I got it at 178,000. It was a highway driver, you could tell it had never been "used". I think I could almost say I have the most miles/year here. But either way 200,000 is a testament to durability, welcome to the club!

Saw an 01 on CL yesterday with 279k on it!

I MAY have something worked out with dudeinanxj on his rig but It'll probably be sans the tires. I have some 31's I bought the day before I totaled my old one so I can run those until I get some KM2's or something.

Back