• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

˙˙˙ʇɥƃıɹ sɯǝǝs ƃuıɥʇou ʍou puɐ pɐǝɥ ǝɥʇ uo ʇıɥ ʇoƃ ı 'ʎɐp lnɟʍɐ uɐ pɐɥ ı

¡əɯ oʇ pəuəddɐɥ ƃuıɥʇ əɯɐs əɥʇ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ʎuunɟ s,ʇɐɥʇ

SCORE SCORE SCORE!!! I just bought a 97 XJ Country for $800! and to top it off the guy has a crashed 99 w/ under 100K on it w/ good drive train and some interior and he told me that I can have it if I haul it off! I am leaving in about an hour to head that way! Woo-Hoo!! Man is my wife gonna be pissed! Keep an eye out for the "parting out" thread in the MWC for sale section :thumbup:

Tire test update:

BFG Rugged Trail T/A 31X10.5X15

Got a few thousand on these tires so far they are pretty good in the rain, decent in the gravel, good in packed sand, suck in sand/gravel mix (they tend to slide), still untested in mud.

Not as good as the A/T, but not boad for someone looking ofr a less aggresive tire.

Rev

SCORE SCORE SCORE!!! I just bought a 97 XJ Country for $800! and to top it off the guy has a crashed 99 w/ under 100K on it w/ good drive train and some interior and he told me that I can have it if I haul it off! I am leaving in about an hour to head that way! Woo-Hoo!! Man is my wife gonna be pissed! Keep an eye out for the "parting out" thread in the MWC for sale section :thumbup:

You sure have a sweet connection there Tyler.
Pics when the new additions arrive?

Yeah I may be needing a hood so I can get my cowl and hood vent set up going this winter.

This is friggen ticking me off. My Grandpa got an RV about the time I got my KJ. He kept telling me that he was going to get a neon to pull behind it. I told him to get a TJ or KJ. He basically blows off my opinion and talks the his RV buddy that is a Jeeper and gets a TJ. I think it's great and I tell him a few things to look for and what to get since he was getting a brand new one. Things like get this package since it has the bigger axles if you plan on lifting it etc.

"Oh I won't lift it and it'll never see offroad" says the old man. That winter him and Granny head to Az for the winter and wheels it a little. Talks a little smack to me about how they went over stuff in Az that my KJ wouldn't touch. I kept telling him to come down to Ks Rocks with us sometime.

Fastforward a few months, My KJ is lifted and tired, and his is now lifted and tired. I still have to hear about how much more cabable the TJ is vs the KJ. Now I have my XJ and they just spent a couple weeks wheeling CO. He sends me emails telling me how great it is out there blah blah blah.

Went and had lunch with him today and had to endure the pictures. Now don't get me wrong they did some decent trails but nothing impassable by my old KJ or my XJ. Then he starts telling me that I couldn't have made this trail because he had to winch up it.

So frustrated with my grandpa, he'll drag his TJ halfway across the country but wont drive it an hour to wheel with his grandson. Half of me wants to spent time with him, but the evil half wants me to tell him the STFU and come wheeling with us so I can laugh when he has to be winched and I don't.

Sorry for the long rant he's just driving me nuts. Asks for advice and does the complete opposite. Wont get on the forums and find out the best way, and nobody knows as much as the guys he wheels with in AZ.

Parakeet

Got my 5 dollars worth of tickets for the Mega Millions 325 mil. Jack-Pot tonight..

Beadlocks for all if I win....

Nick
Waiting for video to process on Harlan Thread....

You sure have a sweet connection there Tyler.
Pics when the new additions arrive?

Just got home with the last one. I am so freakin' stoked about this find. The 97 fired right up and drives great, the 99 was a front impact that f'ed the front sub structure, but it has a clean interior (some dismantled) and oddly enough...it is a 2 door? What will be great is that when I transfer my axles over from my gold rig I will have 2 complete sets of 97-up D30's & C8.25's for sale or for spare shafts etc, 2 extra t-cases and AW4's among many many other parts. I am going to start a part out thread in the near future. Pics will come in the morning, it is dark out and I am tired from 10 hours of driving.....

I was thinking about an act of craziness and thinking about starting to dismantle my trail rig and start the transfering process to the 97, but I am pretty sure I will wait until after WF Oh-Ten b/c I know my gold rig is trail ready as is and I would hate to run into problems and end up with something less reliable. :dunno:

Got my 5 dollars worth of tickets for the Mega Millions 325 mil. Jack-Pot tonight..

Beadlocks for all if I win....

Nick
Waiting for video to process on Harlan Thread....

Can I have KM2's instead? :D

.........waiting on paint to dry.:D

I just woke up and now I have to start making calls for the haunted house. I have aobut 75 people that I need to call and offer jobs too. I'm stoked about this year. The owner told me I could have 65 people in the house this year. Last 7 years they have only let us have 35. I can't wait for next weekend. I get to scare the piss out of some people.

Parakeet

.........waiting on paint to dry.:D

Paint is dry and install is complete. :eyes:

100_6469.jpg

On another note;
New MWC headware is now available. They will be at the Pig Gig. Check the Swag sticky for details.

Last edited:
I am torn. It has been bugging me to add a newer XJ to the Family.

But everytime I start looking.... Well I found another 87 Waggy. Ofcourse it needs some TLC. Tess is already rolling her eyes since I can barely keep the two i have now running. Do I really need a 3rd XJ prolly not LOL.

Decisions, Decisions.

Looks good Mike!

Rob - there is a XJ Waggy about 40 minutes north of us for sale; looked to be in great shape if you wanted to add a quality rig to your fleet. I don't know anything about it, but I could find out if you wanted.

Back